Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Security Tab in File Properties !!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Pra7ul

Pra7ul

King of Pirates

• VIP
  • 382 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:07 AM
  • LocationWindmill Village

I am having trouble accessing my file, it happened once before when i reinstalled windows 7 and now when i installed windows 8 it has happened again.

After installing all my drivers and finally utorrent and MPC-HC

i noticed that i cant access few folders:

Spoiler

why does it become like this every time ? how to get authority over every folder ?

Pra7ul.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

iqpq.png

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 08:37 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
Windows 8 is a bitch...

You have two options:
a) reboot into safemode or
B) use an administrative account.

Option a) is pretty straight forward: open Run (windows key + R) and type 'msconfig'. Under the boot tab tick 'Safe boot' and reboot your PC. To exit safemode, you must follow the same procedure, except you untick 'Safe boot'.

Option B) is a little more involved, but it is something I found essential. I personally did this because fuck security, I know what I'm doing. There are other ways, such as enabling the hidden administrator account.

Once you've done one of the two options, you can change the permissions on the selected drive/folder/file. I assume you already know how to do this. Just remove the old user (it will be the one saying 'Account Unkown(blah)') and add the new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users