Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sword Art Online II - 2014 Activated!!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Pra7ul

Pra7ul

King of Pirates

• VIP
  • 383 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:53 AM
  • LocationWindmill Village

Sword Art Online

Pra7ul.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

iqpq.png

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,442 posts
  • 259 thanks
  • Local time: 07:23 PM
whaaaaa, what are they doing this time a fps?!? though i know it will be awesome i just can only hope they wrap the story up a lot, and i mean a lot, better than they did with the first. i hope the money that came in that allowed for this is proof of that but i can not say.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,198 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 06:23 PM

Sword Art Online had an excellent setup, but some of the worst execution I've ever seen. Reminds me of Highschool of the Dead where episode one was damn near perfect and the rest of the show was utter garbage. Sword Art Online just skipped around and then blast right by instead of exploring and building up things. Episodes 2-7 were basically fluff filler taken for extra side stories and shoved into the anime where it chronologically fit, except it just made things worse. There was no need for the timeskip to happen like it did, it never developed or built up before happening. We never got to explore the mechanics of the game or really ever explored the dungeons or go on any sort of quests.

For one thing, look at it this way: The Sword Art Online story ended on episode 14. Take out the fluff of episodes 2-7 and you've basically got 8 episodes of story. The whole SAO storyline could have easily been built upon and lasted the entire season of 24 episodes... but instead the story just skips around, glosses over things and ends abruptly. Then we get tossed Alfheim Online or whatever it was called. That storyline seemed abit more thoughtout and was executed better, but again it was pretty rushed over. Again what could have been fleshed out and done right and been another 24 episode season.... got rushed. It's just not executed well.

Log Horizon is a new show that seems to be doing what Sword Art Online missed out on. Only problem is, Log Horizon is taking "too much" time on the build up and thus missing the part that Sword Art Online had, the action. If we had the build up that Log Horizon has with the action that Sword Art Online had, we'd easily have one of the best "stuck in an mmo" anime show or at least one to rival that of .hack//.

That's on another note though. .hack// had a great setup, but they just keep redoing the exact same story over and over with a new name and new characters. The story is good, but it's just like the Gundam series... keep rehashing the same things and it gets old. Lets see a new .hack// that focuses more on the battles of the game. If nothing else, lets at least not use the same trope of "being unable to logout".

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 12:23 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand
If you've already read the novels, you may know that this wont be that great...

RANGIT

RANGIT

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 88 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:23 AM

I've read somewhere that this is at least better than the Fairy Dance arc.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Pra7ul

Pra7ul

King of Pirates

• VIP
  • 383 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:53 AM
  • LocationWindmill Village

Trailer looks unique just like SAO did, excited to see what its going to be.

Virtual Reality is Awesome...

Pra7ul.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

iqpq.png

Sir Fluffykins

Sir Fluffykins

Fluffles

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:23 AM

In hindsight, regardless of the flaws even I pointed out, SAO was VERY enjoyable.

I won't get any hopes up, but I do feel carrying on with the story could be a mistake.

Example: I know people apparently loved the movie, but did we really need a continuation of Magica Madoka just so they could shake up what we thought was a decent ending, just for a possibility of a sequel?

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 12:23 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand

I won't get any hopes up, but I do feel carrying on with the story could be a mistake.

Spoiler

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:23 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

I have a very very  big hunch this will not be good. We shall see soon enough!

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 06:23 PM
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Oh great, Deus Ex Machina Online is coming back? I'll probably give it another chance given how much raw potential SAO had, but -- as Koby mentioned -- pointlessly squandered.

Posted Image

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:23 PM

Will definitely be watching this.  Hopefully it will be as good as the first. :)

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:23 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Hopefully not. Hopefully it is much better!

Posted Image

Sir Fluffykins

Sir Fluffykins

Fluffles

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • 0 thanks

*EDIT* Sorry, both scenes happen in episode 1, don't know why I got confused by this.

The recap movie has quite a bit of new animation. It's a recap like you'd expect but with scenes of Kirito talking to a government man (apparently the one who told him where Asuna was) and the girls all gossiping by the pool (as well as making fanservice boob jokes.).

EG: When the one girl is telling them about Kirito saving her after her dragon dies, Kirito tells her it's because she reminds him of his little sister and we cut back to the pool where the painfully obvious "differences" are pointed out  

I like where the girls ask if Asuna and Kirito "did it", because they were married in game, you then get a recap of episode when they "do it" and it cuts back to Asuna denying it happened -___-

So, it's quite an interesting take on recap movies, basically using the recaps to make jokes or cover plot holes, or simply bring to light and acknowledge plot issues.

Kengetsu

Kengetsu

Tsundere

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:23 PM
  • LocationStanding in hell watching my surroundings turn to ash

Have to say I was pretty excited when they announced this sure hope it will be as good as the first tho i'm not sure if I should read the novels for it or not because i've read the first three that cover the first anime and don't really want to spoil the show for me.

NanashisCreation_zpsd9c6a161.png

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLithuania

Have I seen this like half a year ago I would have been "WOW. Definitely going to watch it!"

But now... "Going to download it. Whatever. Will watch it, but won't expect much."

Now, as I going back to remember things about "SAO" more and more it seems to have more flaws than good points. Dunno why... Back then it was so cool.

P.S. Of course my opinion might change after seeing first episode. Though after seeing this teaser (or whatever you call it) my heart didn't shiver an inch.

edragonnew

edragonnew

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

it is too happy to hear that the anime has two season 

EuJahDon

EuJahDon

Tsundere

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks

The 1st season is a bit rushed because of the SAO novel it adapted from. Originally the author just planned to write a short and fast story on his blog. Who would expect the story to be so popular and even animated?

The 2nd season is based on the Phantom Bullet story, which is better developed and full of actions. Maybe we can expect something more out of it? Let's wait and see!

Olin

Olin

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:23 PM

Just found this thread while wondering through topics. Maybe if possible it can also be sued to keep current on the status of SAO2's upcoming primere in Japan. Whenever that may be. 

About the review that was written for SAO. From the p.o.v. you watched this series from its understandable you wrote what you did. But theres seems to be something you overlooked about SAO. The series wasnt about playing game. It was about escaping from a VR world thousands of people were trapped in. Where Log Horizon is about adjusting to life in a living world that was once VR one.

I'm sure that my opinion would be different if i had watched the series once a week instead of straight thru. After the first couple episodes, I had decided to wait until SAO had ended before continuing. Some animes are better if its watched all at once or at my pace. Waiting every week for a new episode sucks when the anime is good

Sword Art Online had an excellent setup, but some of the worst execution I've ever seen. Reminds me of Highschool of the Dead where episode one was damn near perfect and the rest of the show was utter garbage. Sword Art Online just skipped around and then blast right by instead of exploring and building up things. Episodes 2-7 were basically fluff filler taken for extra side stories and shoved into the anime where it chronologically fit, except it just made things worse. There was no need for the timeskip to happen like it did, it never developed or built up before happening. We never got to explore the mechanics of the game or really ever explored the dungeons or go on any sort of quests.

Sir Fluffykins

Sir Fluffykins

Fluffles

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • 0 thanks

Sword Art Online II starts airing around July, there haven't been word since that

A15804-3051219483.1388786181.jpg

Sir Fluffykins

Sir Fluffykins

Fluffles

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • 0 thanks

So far, my opinion is

Episode 1: Good starting episode

Episode 2: Excellent episode

Episode 3: Boring sh*t episode (just because it's story heavy isn't an excuse to have next to no "animation" for 25 minutes)

Episode 4: Decent episode, laughed at Kirito getting hit on, but felt the world was too empty (could be because it's TV) but liked that the American Gambling Cowboy spoke proper English lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users