Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Software update and new skin

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • Local time: 12:39 PM
  • LocationU.S.A
We upadted the forum software to the cureent version 3.4.6,ipb is actually release thier new version 4.0 which will be a completely new software sometime in feb.not sure if we will update to it for a while seeing that nothing we have or use will work on it,probably put up a demo site to see how members feel about it.

Cman,Stab and few other was asking for a skin with a proper banner area so i modify the current skin to make that happen,its still a work in progress but i think its coming out not to bad,anyone can access it label anipas v2,check it out and leave some constructive feedback on things you dont like.

also will be adding a few new bbcodes so check out the list over the next few days

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • Local time: 05:39 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
Well, I like the new skin and all, but the banner bar doesn't look right to me. It sort of just pops up from beneath. I believe it should look as if it is part of the board itself, rather than some bit tacked on at the top.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:39 PM
  • LocationUK

I like it. It looks like its all one page and the back ground is awesome looks like I'm looking at it on a tablet with the tablet help up to a brick wall.. I dunno I just like it. The font as well looks crisp and sharp like i am actually looking at it on a 1080p monitor not a 720p... that's my 2 cents anyway.

Also love the way that VIP is and Administrator really stands out, in the old one its was just in the background, but now people will have no problem seeing out superiority :thumbsup: .

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand

Also love the way that VIP is and Administrator really stands out, in the old one its was just in the background, but now people will have no problem seeing out superiority :thumbsup: .

That... It says 'VIP', 'Administrator' etc. twice. First in text, then repeated as an image.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 11:39 AM

Don't like the new skin tbh.

I haven't looked into whats actually being changed for IPB4. Any major significant changes?

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand

I haven't looked into whats actually being changed for IPB4. Any major significant changes?

Apparently there is a new AdminCP, better localisation and an improved editor. And like every major IPB/vB release, there will be a site redesign. Those are the only major points I cared about though. Check here for more changes/improvements.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
the skin is still rough around the edges as we are asking for your input to smooth it out. that said not everyone will like it as everyone has their own personal likes and dislikes but we will try and improve this skin based on the inputs given.

so far we have:
  • the double VIP/Admin/Encoder thing with the titles.
and my personal ones:
  • font size could be upped 2-3 points
  • font grey text colors should stand out a bit more than they currently do
  • the extra space at the bottom of every post for the hovor post actions should go away so that the post action eat into the post itself, saving precious vertical space.
  • the text used in the VIP/Admin/Encoder images look to be too compressed and a little difficult to read
  • for some reason the {table} in my sig has a different background color
  • when clicking the fancy icons to mark whole subsection as read it goes to a round dot, once refreshed it is now the grey version of the icon.
and if i find any others i'll post them.

as for what i like
  • The banner background/placement
  • The tile background image
  • The forum colors (minus #2 in previous list)
as for IPB v4 it will be a big overhaul forcing all skin/apps/hooks and so on to be redesigned. hence why we will not be moving to it right away. we will be waiting for these things to be remade and stable before updating.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

Apparently there is a new AdminCP, better localisation and an improved editor. And like every major IPB/vB release, there will be a site redesign. Those are the only major points I cared about though. Check here for more changes/improvements.

admin cp is pretty much backend as it doesn't affect the regular usage by visitors.

An improved editor would be good if you're refering to the post editor... it's extremely buggy and also doesn't work well with mobile phones.

A new skin is a given, but forums rarely use the default anyhow, so it's not like it matters much.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
>Redesign. I mean they change pretty much everything about the site that current skins/plugins/hooks rely on. In a nutshell, it breaks everything.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I think the new skin is about 10% too wide. I realize that I'm very much used to the current (Dark) skin, but if we bump the font size up -- and I think we should -- then I think it will be hard on the eyes overall. I'm also not a fan of how the offline/online image is currently oriented with regards to our user names, despite it being identical to that of the Dark skin; I'd rather have the user name be centered. I'd be fine with moving the status image elsewhere -- below the user rank icon, for instance -- but it may be sufficient to only keep the green/grey dot instead. If we go with the latter, we could add some nice hover text to explain what the indicator light means, and it may be nice to make the offline variant slightly more noticeable.

Posted Image

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationU.S.A
ill take a look at what everyone said they didnt like after christmas if its ok,just alil busy at the moment.

as for ipb4,from my understanding of what ipb has posted its pretty much all new framework,all skins will now be responsive to all devices and some other stuff.

you can read up on here from these links if you want,i gave up on it keeping up with it.

http://community.inv...nd-information/

there blog
http://community.inv...any-blog/?st=20

Pra7ul

Pra7ul

King of Pirates

• VIP
  • 380 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:09 PM
  • LocationWindmill Village

#Looks very HQ and Compact.

#Rounding edge for square profile looks clean, but rendered image comes with edge.

#I think that the Light Blue color of the bar should use a darker color instead.

#As of banner area, it is great for banner with background now don't have to worry about merging at edge now.

# Just saw auto hide of edit bar nice touch  B).

Pra7ul.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

iqpq.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users