Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Video splitters

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 03:12 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
So... I have a problem with some BDMV's I downloaded off of ADC: 3 out of the 9 discs appear to have incorrect key frames and therefore cannot be split with mkvmerge in the right places.

I am looking for any decent alternatives to mkvmerge that allow splitting by timecodes/frame, or, the more optimal solution, a fix for the mkvmerge problem.

For reference, here is the batch I'm running (discs 5-7 have the key frame problem in 00013.m2ts):
Spoiler

Hark0n

Hark0n

Meitantei

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:12 PM
  • LocationLatvia

Only similar tool I have used is tsMuxeR. It is only useful when working with streams from BDs or DVDs, but I can't say anything much, as I generally use MKVToolnix.

Also, if You haven't already tried, You can try different version of MKVToolnix (link). As we all know, updated can sometimes break some functionality.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
  • Local time: 09:12 AM
tsmuxer is the only other method i have used but i would also try a different version of mkvmerge, as said newer versions can break things sometimes. other than that i really dont know unless you are encoding the video after splitting. if so then you can use the trim() function to encode the parts you want.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
tsMuxeR has the same problem with key frames. The older mkvtoolnix build I tested (3.3.0) also has the key frames limit.

Edit: ffmpeg also returns the same result~

Edited by JohnFlower, 12 November 2013 - 07:54 PM.

Baal

Baal

Tsundere

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • 17 thanks

You would need a program that could create key frames to be able to split anywhere in video. Mkvmerge and tsMuxer only split at key frames and thats not a bug.

Simplest solution that I can think of would be to load that file in AvsPmod and export those frames in HuffYuv.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
I should add that I am not encoding. At all.

Baal

Baal

Tsundere

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • 17 thanks

Then You can't do it. From what I know it's impossible to cut at non-keyframes without reencoding.

Maybe this file didn't download 100%??

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
The last thing I tried was DGAVCIndex. As it turns out though, it can only serve the raw frames to Avisynth, which is useless to me >_>

I (and a few others around the IRC networks) have put it down to bad authoring of the 3 discs. In the end there is only two options for me:
1. re-encode the GOPs with incorrect keyframes (beginning and ending of the 3 episodes) or
2. do not trim the first 23 frames off of the 3 episodes and leave the blank frames at the end.

The second option is really the only one worth considering (as pointed out by tp7 :\). I am a perfectionist, however, so it will bug me if I did that for 3 episodes and not the rest... Anyways, consider this solved.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
you really are doing this to remove 1 second of black screen at the end of the video stream?!?! lol, 99% of the time i skip to the next episode or close my player before i get even close to the last second as i typically do not watch the ED's and previews.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
It's at the beginning, middle and end of each file. That's why I'm removing it.

RANGIT

RANGIT

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 88 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:12 PM

@Cman21

Since you mentioned skipping EDs and previews, I'm hoping that you didn't miss the epilogue for episode 22 of Steins;Gate.

@JohnFlower

I tried your batch for just the first 2 episodes, it's nice.

I've wanted to remux Steins;Gate for awhile now, but I don't really have enough HDD space to do a full remux.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
That batch is only for the first stage (premux). I needed something to test and make sure that everything worked... And as it turns out, it doesn't all go as planned thanks to whoever authored the Blurays.

I'll post an updated batch eventually™. One that does everything (including the audio syncing). Once I decide on the best way around the keyframe issue, that is.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks

@Cman21
Since you mentioned skipping EDs and previews, I'm hoping that you didn't miss the epilogue for episode 22 of Steins;Gate.

its nothing the prolog of Ep 23 doesnt recover... but ya in general when marathoning like i normally like to watch shows i skip to the next episode once the ED starts. have yet to be thoroughly confused once the next episode starts so far.

RANGIT

RANGIT

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 88 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:12 PM

I guess you're right, but it's still worth checking out though.

It features a different background music and a really nice effect before the bonus dialogue.

I'll post an updated batch eventually™. One that does everything (including the audio syncing). Once I decide on the best way around the keyframe issue, that is.

I'll be looking forward to that then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users