Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BakaBT & 5 Centimeters Per Second 480 Encode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
  • Local time: 05:30 AM
OK, My 480p release got replaced with silphur8 version of the movie. I don't want to bitch and i really dont care what the staff at Baka thinks is higher quality. But why would you replace a dual audio movie that both english tracks from ADV & Bandai. With a 2-Channel Japanese audio only version. Why not keep the origianl 4.0 audio or add the dub in on the other encode. Did i miss something or is Baka just so full cow poo now a days. Replaced for higher quality. Sometimes i just sit here and facepalm myself. I will grab it silphurs8 release and make some comapares and post them here.

Also just wanted to say hello to everyone here. Thanks for all the great encodes and keep up the great work.

EDIT: The compares are done. The movie itself is very soft. BluDragon's video is encoded at 720x480 (anamorphic 853x480) and silphur8 is 848x480. I just wish they would also make a compare of the source before all the filters.

Here are some compares i made. I also included a resized screen for the BluDragon release.
http://www.animepass...encode/?p=38294

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
  • Local time: 06:30 AM
:rofl: sounds exactly like something they would do.

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 11:30 AM
  • LocationUK

I thought they generally kept single-audio and dual audio releases separately, and only replaced one with one of the same type.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

Rurouni

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 10:30 AM
Sounds odd, but compares will be very interesting indeed.

vOEHoGZ.jpg

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
BluDragon (Original) vs silphur8 vs BluDragon (Resized)

adgfonRG.jpg acx3tIUo.jpg adlm8nvA.jpg

aclHtol6.jpg adhZCKtE.jpg abqz4oJS.jpg

acdZbZnw.jpg abnrgpNV.jpg adirfyNO.jpg

adfsiBDF.jpg absnEvVE.jpg adbdKJWe.jpg

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks

ackHwTri.jpg acjdPYSF.jpg adoUztpz.jpg

adkke4vd.jpg acfLgIpF.jpg achX63yd.jpg

aclpgyMA.jpg acxwSiLA.jpg adpA8VgH.jpg

acb31GGM.jpg adpOZ0UO.jpg acqWEeHm.jpg

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks

adgNA8Y5.jpg acin0H6v.jpg acdFXNc8.jpg

aczlcRG0.jpg abolGKRM.jpg accoYP3V.jpg

acgSEqfq.jpg acgqOFhm.jpg acyuTGLl.jpg

DeathScythe

DeathScythe

Meitantei

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • Local time: 04:30 PM

That's odd, I thought they had double slots for single & multi-audio releases for each category. 

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationGreat White North
They have three 480p encodes there. Why so many? Here are the specs for them:

[Exiled-Destiny] Dual audio = Jpn 2.0 AC3 224 Kbps, Eng 5.1 AC3 448 Kbps
[Sugoi-Hikouki] Single audio = Jpn 4.0 AC3 448 Kbps
[silphur8] 10-bit, Single audio = Jpn 2.0 AAC 192 Kbps

And yours is:

[BluDragon] Tri audio = (ADV) Eng 5.1 AC3 448 Kbps, (Bandai) Eng FLAC 2.0, Jpn FLAC 2.0

Here's a scaled 1080p comparison of BluDragon vs silphur8

They have identical cropping and color balancing, so no issues there. silphur8's is a bit sharper, and BluDragon's has lost some detail. Compare the black lines in her hair to the left of her mouth, and the black line in the umbrella left of her eyes. I don't know what filter causes black lines to disappear like that (in BluDragon's encode), but I've seen it before in other encodes.

Personally I think silphur8's video looks slightly better, but no where near enough to compensate for the far, far better audio BluDragon has. Both in quality and the availability of both English dubs. BluDragaon's 720x480 anamorphic is also preferable to silphur8's scaled 848x480.
ztor6.jpg

natural1derment

natural1derment

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

I really love 5 centimeters per second so I bought it on DVD :L

Antares16M26

Antares16M26

Ewigen Stern

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationTejas

ive seen this too when bakabt replaces something good with something of same or bit less quality and also when it comes to sub anime if an anime with better subs does not get approved in bakabt pisses me off but then i get over it and go to the sub group and downoload it there. (sry bout that bludragon i feel your pain but hey atleast your 720p is still up thats all that matter for me lol)

Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
Give them some time till and the 720 version will get replaced with a single audio.

My Hades Project Zeorymer got the same thing. I made compares posted. Still GP got it. I just dont see why not add the english audio to it if your gonna replace it. Anyone can remove the audio.
http://forums.bakabt...0623#msg4890623

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationGreat White North
Why is G_P's 480p of Hades Project Zeorymer dual audio but not his 720p?! Regardless, based on the posted compares yours looks better anyway. Unless there were other factors involved, I can't believe they took his over yours. I think many opinions over there are biased in favor of some encoders/fansubbers.
ztor6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users