Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help playing trueHD audio?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

derpman

derpman

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:39 AM
I have configured my MPC using this guide: http://www.bishoujop...playback-guide/ to play 10bit video and it works good and everything but it does not want to play trueHD audio. There is just no sound. How do I get it so that it plays trueHD audio? Is there a codec or something I need?

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 09:09 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
cbf reading that guide. did you add lav as one of the external filters and set it to prefer? also, change the audio output device to directsound speakers.

oh, and disable mpc hc's internal filters.

derpman

derpman

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks

cbf reading that guide. did you add lav as one of the external filters and set it to prefer? also, change the audio output device to directsound speakers.

oh, and disable mpc hc's internal filters.

Yeah double checked all those settings, they do not seem to be the problem.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
disable lav audio and let mpc decode it. does it work then?

derpman

derpman

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks

disable lav audio and let mpc decode it. does it work then?

Negative =/ Any more ideas?

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
guessing the truehd is from an m2ts? you can also try disabling lav splitter. i normally only use haali media splitter. you can also check to see if it is a codec problem by extracting the audio track from whatever you're trying to play, and using mpc to play it.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:09 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Do you want to software decode it or hardware decode it (i.e bitstream to AVR or something)?

Posted Image

Evil_Burrito

Evil_Burrito

Genin

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:09 PM
  • LocationGA
TrueHD=DTS? The latest lav or ffdshow should be fine. Personally, I use the pre-configured "mega-mix" package on this page http://imouto.my/con...oding/#tutorial It includes mpc and potplayer in the installer. If you use it, uninstall all the previous software it is replacing.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

TrueHD=DTS? The latest lav or ffdshow should be fine. Personally, I use the pre-configured "mega-mix" package on this page http://imouto.my/con...oding/#tutorial It includes mpc and potplayer in the installer. If you use it, uninstall all the previous software it is replacing.

No, they are different. Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio are two competing lossless audio codecs. Dolby and DTS being the companies in competition with each other.

Here is things explained a but more as I understand it.
Spoiler

Posted Image

Evil_Burrito

Evil_Burrito

Genin

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:09 PM
  • LocationGA
Good short explanation Zach.

derpman

derpman

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
Thanks for your help guys but I managed to figure out what the problem was and now trueHD audio is working properly. Turns out Haali Madia Splitter was being a pain, and I dont really need its features so I just disabled it and let the lav splitter do the work instead. Apparently Haali is a common cause of problems like this.

ps. I used the "The Bishoujo Project MPC-HC Playback Guide for the Absolute Best Visual Quality." I have found that the video quality is a step above any of the other 'easy to install' prepacked packs that I have used in the pass. Just makes me cringe how much time I wasted with packs like CCCP and k-lite among others. Highly suggest others try it if you have a decently powerful pc.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
It seems pretty much like our guide here:

http://www.animepass...ayback-support/

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic