Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ash's Guide to Xtremely Badass Media Center

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 104 thanks
  • Local time: 03:02 PM
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/

Ash's Guide to XBMC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stop, collaborate and listen

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 104 thanks
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/
Recomended Minimum Requirements:
Dual Core 2.0Ghz
DXVA compatible Video Card
DirectX compatible Audio
2GB RAM
Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

Recomended:
SSD for OS drive
iMON adaptor
Remote (w/iMon software programed for remote)

Setup Media:
Movie files need to be in:
<Media folder>\<Sub folder>\<Movie Name (Year)>

TV Show files need to be in:
<Media folder>\<Sub folder>\<TV Show Name>\<Season>\<Season><Episode>-<Episode Name>

Music files need to be in:
<Media folder>\<Sub folder>\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track>-<Title>
or my preferred:
<Media folder>\<Sub folder>\<Artist>\<Year>-<Album>\<Track>-<Title>

Usefull tools:
http://ember.purplepig.net/

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Needed files:
http://www.filefacto...-cad504a-dx.exe
http://www.filefacto...c.org-2.0.0.zip
http://www.filefacto...frodo-3.0.0.zip
http://www.filefacto...bmc-plugins.zip
http://www.filefacto...-5.0.1.1405.zip
http://www.filefacto...owser-1.0.8.zip
http://www.filefacto...nager.2.7.7.zip

This includes my own self compile which has my own custom splash screen and the libs compiled with SSE2 turned on which probably won't mean much to most but might help those on the lower end of the dual core cpu spectrum.
I also added extra music genre icons to the Transparency skin.

Navigating keys:
Cursors keys
Back: Backspace key
Enter; Enter key
I: Info key
C: Contect menu key
P: Play
X: Stop

Posted Image

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 104 thanks
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/
Setting up XBMC:
1) Config Video & Audio
Navigate to SYSTEM
Select System tab
Video output: Change if needed
Audio Output: If using HDMI, change if needed; Change Speaker Configuration if needed
If using HDMI turn Dolby Digital/DTS/Multichannel LPCM/TrueHD/DTS-HD if your a/v reciever supports them
Audio output device: WASAPI is preferred but use DirectSound if having issues
Passthrough output device: WASAPI is preferred but currently doesn't work if using Realtek drivers

Posted Image

2) Setup media
Press the backspace key until you get back to the home screen
While still on the SYSTEM button, navigate down and select 'File manager'
Select 'Add source', select 'Browse', navigate and select a source then select OK, eg.
A:\Anime
M:\Movies
N:\Music
P:\FAPFAPFAPFAPFAP
T:\TV shows

If need be rename media Source, finally select OK again to add this source, repeat as needed.

3) Install additional Repo's
Navigate back to the home screen, select SYSTEM then 'Add-ons' then 'Install from zip file'
navigate to and select each repository.x.x.x.zip files, you can only install one at a time

4) Install Skin
After installing the repo files, finally select & install the skin.transparency.svn-5.0.1.1405.zip file also from the 'Install from zip file'

5) Install additional plugins
Music fanart addon: Select & install the script.cdartmanager.2.7.7.zip file also from the 'Install from zip file'
Games & Roms addon: Select & install the script.games.rom.collection.browser-1.0.8.zip file also from the 'Install from zip file'

Recomended Add-ons:
Navigate to 'Get Add-ons', 'All Addon-ons'
Video Add-ons: Free Cable, Hulu, VEVO, YouTube

6) Add media
From the home screen:
Video: VIDEOS, Add Videos... , Browse , navigate and select a source, Set content (Music Videos/TV Shows/Movies) then select OK, select YES to Refresh Info

Music: MUSIC, Add source, navigate and select a source, once done select Contect menu and select 'Scan item to library'
If need be rename media Source, finally select OK again to add this source, repeat as needed.

7) Add Add-ons to Favorites
From the home screen:
Video add-ons: VIDEOS, .. , Video Add-ons, Context menu, Add to favorites
Music add-ons: MUSIC, Music Add-ons, Context menu, Add to favorites
Program add-ons: ADD-ONS, .. , Program Add-ons, Context menu, Add to favorites

8) Config skin
In the SETTINGS screen, navigate to 'SKIN SETTINGS', recomended settings:
General: select 'Enable auto scrolling for plot & review'
View options: Select 'Fanart - Short list' , 'Fanart - TV Shows - Show banners in list'
Menu: This is were most of the home screen magic is!!

While navigating your Videos & Music, press the right key twice to bring up the view menu where you can change the views. I prefer FANART for tv shows & SLIDE for movies.

Posted Image

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 104 thanks
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/
This is also more of a basic setup, getting started with xbmc.
I didn't get into advanced features like smartplaylists to do things like seperate your anime tv shows & tv shows & cartoons or have random generated smartplaylists of your music videos by genre(s). Surprisingly even though these things can be complex, they are actually pretty easy to do.

Here's an example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="musicvideos">
    <name>Metal</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">Alternative Metal</rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">Gothic Metal</rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">Groove Metal</rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">Industrial Metal</rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">Metal</rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">Metalcore</rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">Nu Metal</rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">Thrash Metal</rule>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

Place that in:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\Metal.xsp
Mark it as a favorite and put into the Music Videos submenu and now every time you select that it will play your metal music vids in a random generated play order.

Though what I did for separating my anime tv shows & cartoons from my regular tv shows was to put them in separate folders then put them in the folders section of the VIDEOS submenu.
Also check out the Hulu video plugin, it gives you access to tons of legal shows & movies and that includes anime. And if you sign up for the free version of hulu and put that email/password into the Hulu plugin you can then bookmark favorite shows or networks into a subscriptions folder.

If any of this sounds complicated it's not as long as you have a basic understanding of computers, no masters degree of computer science needed.

Posted Image

bjggi

bjggi

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:02 PM
DId you try out the AniDB Mod ? 303 Animes scraped perfectly so far, really great Addon for Animes. There is also a scraper for Shows and Movies.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

Rurouni

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 08:02 PM
How do I go about making a smart playlist that would: filiter all my non-anime movies into 480p, 720p and 1080p and have one for anime? anyone know?

DId you try out the AniDB Mod ? 303 Animes scraped perfectly so far, really great Addon for Animes. There is also a scraper for Shows and Movies.

Does this mod make separate section's or playlist's for anime tv shows/movies or does it just add a anidb section to XMBC home page?

vOEHoGZ.jpg

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:02 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
You just add rules to include or exclude criteria. For anime series I would have rule to only include all files from 'G:/Anime 1/ Series' or what ever file directory you have.

For the others, you will make a rule to include files with greater and/or smaller dimensions than 'x'.

If you are unsure from this. I can take screen shots to show an example.

Edit: The mod is a scraper, all it does it get the metadata for your library i.e release details, plot, actors, and that kind of info.

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:02 PM
  • LocationUnited States
I know this thread has been dead forever, but I had a question regarding renaming the files for XBMC.I'm trying to use filebot to rename the files, however it can't seem to get the season of the anime. I'm using anidb. Im testing with Angel Beats, but it only successfully recovers episode 14 (OVA or something). The other 13 episodes it only gets the episode numbers. What program would you reccomend for renaming the files? Or, any ideas what could be causing the file renaming to crap out?

Also,can you give a demonstration of one of your files (The directory copy paste, not just the format you included above)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users