Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Star War VII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

Rurouni

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 08:30 PM
Disney have bought lucasfilms and are planning to start a new trilogy in 2015 and bring out a flim every two years (2017 & 2019), what are peoples thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-20146942

I myself am bored of the old star wars flims, I have watch them too many times growing up and can't really watch them now :( hopefully the new movies are more darker and there bring back Mark Hamill as a teacher or something, as he needs the work lol.

vOEHoGZ.jpg

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:30 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Read this today. I died a little on the inside.
Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:30 AM
I know! I saw the press release yesterday!!

I think we might see some good things from Disney, a fresh start. After the first 3, Lucas's direction sent the franchise downhill. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the new movies and the games. If they stick with the core principles behind the series, I think we could see some good stuff! Though I am going going to be a little sceptical and not get my hopes up.

Posted Image

Sayer

Sayer

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 83 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:00 AM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia
I don't think the new movies are in anyway inferior compared to the original. Obviously the time gap makes it harder to watch 4-6, but outside the visual comparison, the story overall feels like it was told better in the newer episodes. I'm keen to see a new series, I just have no idea which direction it will be going in terms of story.

icon_kcp.png 

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Really? The new movies have numerous inconsistencies, aspects which make no sense, etc. They are nothing huge but, the older movies did not frequent these errors and plot holes.

Again, I still enjoyed the new movies!

I will see if I can find the funny video form of what I am talking about!

Posted Image

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 09:30 PM
  • LocationUK
Meh. Star Wars is a'ight for what it is, havnt seen the films in years, but I don't recall them being all that special. Although I would go to see new movies I suppose.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Here we go:
Starts with this one, if you want to know more, it should be easier enough to find the others.

It is also a pretty good introduction to understanding film and critique, of course he only shows the bad. Again, I still thought the movies were good. He just points out numerous things I hated about the new which makes the old better for me. Yes, there are also issues with the old films as well for those annoying people who will point that out. Hahaha and very bias, obviously so!

Edit: hahaha re-watching these videos again. So good (especially part 3 hahaha and part 4) Please try and watch these!

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:30 PM
  • LocationUK
Meh its Star Wars nothing new will come of it. The Star Wars game SWTOR or something was a flop so am going to guess that these new films will be too. Also because its owned by Disney haha, But seriously I haven't watched SW in ages I have them all on DVD but they just get neglected :P.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 03:30 PM
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I'll watch them, but I don't have much faith because Disney just seems like a bad pick for Star Wars. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Kagejin

Kagejin

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:30 PM
Not sure, if this is a good idea..
Posted Image

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:30 PM
Can't become much worse than the rest of the movies Hollywood has to offer nowadays.

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 04:30 PM
I was highly disappointed in this, but now that I think about didn't Disney have a steak into Star Wars since the 1990's

hopefully they will not kill off an epic series

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,197 posts
  • 71 thanks
It'll be the same as when Disney bought Marvel.
LucasFilms staff will be pretty much the same and be allowed to do what they want, just Disney owns them.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
This is ironic. I've been reading the whole slew of Star Wars novels recently. There are some very good stories that could be adapted. The universe that GL created is so rich and large that anything is possible. GL had stated that he wanted a 9 movie story arc back in the 70s, then changed his mind and denied ever saying that. Instead saying that it was always a 6 movie arc. This due to all the negative comments due to the prequels. He said that he'd never do a sequel trilogy. I know that a live action tv series is very much in the planning stage, maybe this announcement has something to do with that. A sequel trilogy that leads into a tv series?

Posted Image

skycamefalling84

skycamefalling84

Mushi

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:30 PM
  • LocationSt. Ingbert, Saarland, Germany
in my opinion, episodes 1-3 seemed like, they were done for kids, which sucked hairy balls...
and i don't think disney picking up on this is going to resolve that :sweat:
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

in my opinion, episodes 1-3 seemed like, they were done for kids, which sucked hairy balls...
and i don't think disney picking up on this is going to resolve that :sweat:

That is my apprehension. It will become more childish. Still, Disney has made some masterpieces for kids, I can enjoy many of their movies as an adult. Though this is not where Star Wars should be heading.

Posted Image

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 992 thanks
  • Local time: 01:30 PM
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia
I will leap for joy if they do an adaptation of the Yuuzhon Vong arc.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
That would be cool. They are crazy. Though, that is jumping a little to far into the future. It is episode 7 they are doing next. I assume it will be the Admiral Daala and the other surviving Imperial commanders with the Imperial Remnant, the Nagai ( or whatever) dealio, clones of the emperor (OMG SITH LUKE!!! EPIC) etc. THEN comes the Yuuzhon Vong arc! That could be episode 9 or beyond, depending how much time the jump... I guess they could go straight to where ever... actually maybe they will because of actors ages... hmmm

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

9 movie story arc back in the 70s

I think it was originally supposed to be a 12-movie series.

Posted Image

hyperactve

hyperactve

Genin

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:30 AM

Can't become much worse than the rest of the movies Hollywood has to offer nowadays.

I second that.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users