Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Member Titles

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 03:30 PM
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Hey, guys.

Some of you have probably noticed that you've got a fancy new user title all of a sudden, when before you were simply a "Member".

We decided that enough was enough, so we updated our automated user title progression to have 25 total anime-related titles (up from 3). These are spread across 2600 posts and become more awesome with every step! ;)

What's more, members will start accumulating pips below their new titles after they've made 160 posts -- starting with a single pip up to a maximum of ten.

The titles and their progression were designed by Chaossaturn with suggestions from staff and VIP members alike.

Here's a brief example of the updated system:

TitleMinimum PostsPipsReferenceRank ID
Cherry-Kun00B Gata H Kei Yamada’s First Time1
Tsundere10Japanese character development process2
Team Dai-Gurren Soldier250Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann3

You'll have to discover the rest on your own!

It's important to note that custom titles specifically granted to members by admins override the new system.

Have fun!

- the AnimePassion team

Posted Image

Sayer

Sayer

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 83 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:00 AM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia
I think I'll wait for someone else to discover them for me, not much of a poster =P Cool idea though.

icon_kcp.png 

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:30 PM
  • LocationUK
Ah so it was implemented then, that's good, might give people more initiative to post

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 09:30 PM
  • LocationUK
So...what exactly are pips for?

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:30 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
They could be seen as what 'grade' your title is. The first few titles count as grade zero, then titles are grade 1 and so forth until goes up to what ever the highest is, which I am not!

Posted Image

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 09:30 PM
  • LocationUK

They could be seen as what 'grade' your title is. The first few titles count as grade zero, then titles are grade 1 and so forth until goes up to what ever the highest is, which I am not!

Ah, ok. Seems a little redundant considering it says your post count right underneath anyways.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Most forums have it. It come from pips that denote rank ( such as seen in army and police), being apart of officer rank insignia, or so I logically conclude!

Posted Image

DeathScythe

DeathScythe

Meitantei

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • Local time: 02:30 AM
Nice update XD

Hagi

Hagi

ES Force

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • 40 thanks
  • Local time: 12:30 PM
  • LocationTrinidad and Tobago
sweet update. lets see how far up the ranks i can reach.

Posted Image
Thanks to J-Lord144 for the Sig

AcE

AcE

Shadow King

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • 36 thanks
NICE ...

like animefan said it might give people more initiative to post

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:30 PM
  • LocationUnited States
And i liked these forums because it DIDNT have them...are they enabled for EVERYONE, or can i disable them somehow?....i get tired of seeing all these ranks and shit...or does it not really matter for most of us who are active since we chose our own titles?

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
It is just a bit of fun, they are anime themed titles. They have no real meaning. Also if you look at your own user title, you can answer your last question.

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
:up: People start thinking they're hot shit and use these "Titles" as ranks to support they're theory's & ideas...My favorite forum went to hell when people began using titles as ranks...which is why i liked that on here the Admin's let us pick our own titles...so people would know it really was just for fun and not how ranked you are...

Posted Image

Antares16M26

Antares16M26

Ewigen Stern

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationTejas
im shure that wont happen their just member titles and get new ones as you get more posts. i like this its pretty coo.

Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

:up: People start thinking they're hot shit and use these "Titles" as ranks to support they're theory's & ideas...My favorite forum went to hell when people began using titles as ranks...which is why i liked that on here the Admin's let us pick our own titles...so people would know it really was just for fun and not how ranked you are...

Oh the bad grammar, it hurts!

They are welcome to try using their illusion of rank to support their theories and ideas. However, the 'I have seniority over you, therefore I am right' argument is pretty obvious to spot and just reflects badly on those who use it.

Posted Image

mikeOtaku

mikeOtaku

Black Knight

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Local time: 11:30 PM
nice update :thumbsup:

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks

so you think that a custom titles are worse than some random thing given to you? by that logic everyone should want theirs reset, which i know is not the case. titles are 100% meaningless, unlike rank, so dont confuse one for the other.

Hagi

Hagi

ES Force

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • 40 thanks
  • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

sweet update. lets see how far up the ranks i can reach.

maybe i should of rephrased this. :sweat:
nice update still though.

Posted Image
Thanks to J-Lord144 for the Sig

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States

so you think that a custom titles are worse than some random thing given to you? by that logic everyone should want theirs reset, which i know is not the case. titles are 100% meaningless, unlike rank, so dont confuse one for the other.

I said i PREFER custom titles. And what the hell do you mean "...by that logic everyone should want theirs reset..."...I never said that everyone would want their title reset... Why the hell would anyone want that unless they prefer your little "more posts = higher rank" titles? I think most of us (if not a few of us) would prefer to keep our current titles...and i didnt confuse titles with ranks (mod, admin, vip, etc)...I said they could be used LIKE ranks among us who are NOT in the actual ranks...so the 100's of us who are NOT admins, vips, mods, etc would eventually look at these titles as ranks among ourselves...

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
well then let their misguided emotions lead them to believe what they want, why would you care? i know i dont, as these titles are 100% superfluous and only apply to those who do not have a custom title.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users