Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MY RANDOM ASS QUESTIONS!! xO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
704 replies to this topic

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 03:25 AM
that is a bit too expensive for my tastes
but I would love to have a mechanical keyboard

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:25 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Ja, that is an expensive keyboard. But I am sure they feel so gooooood

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:25 AM
  • LocationUnited States
6) I wanna buy a new wallet, but can't find one that I can carry around proudly...So I had an idea... I could buy a plain wallet, get a few patches I like, and sew\iron them on to the wallet :D So it would be a somewhat custom wallet...but I realized something...If I just sew\iron the patch on, eventually the strings will start to break (because they'll be exposed and rub against my pants, hands, etc) and it'll be ruined :/ Does anyone know a method I can use to prevent this?...Something like laminating the patch onto the wallet...

P.S
Even if you don't know a method, ideas are also really appreciated :D

Posted Image

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 07:25 AM

6) I wanna buy a new wallet, but can't find one that I can carry around proudly...So I had an idea... I could buy a plain wallet, get a few patches I like, and sew\iron them on to the wallet :D So it would be a somewhat custom wallet...but I realized something...If I just sew\iron the patch on, eventually the strings will start to break (because they'll be exposed and rub against my pants, hands, etc) and it'll be ruined :/ Does anyone know a method I can use to prevent this?...Something like laminating the patch onto the wallet...

P.S
Even if you don't know a method, ideas are also really appreciated :D

Here: http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B003U0CJ88

Now that's you sorted.

I have a random question, are flip phones the most popular phones in Japan? it always flip in anime's?

@baka, hi-jacked bitch :P
vOEHoGZ.jpg

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
...I clicked on link expecting some awesome machine...totaly lost my trust bro <_<...

P.S
If you need to ask a question, go for it :P But would still appreciate answers to mine as well :3

**EDIT**
To answer your question, I don't think so...its probably because a flip phone is obviously a phone. So dumb people won't get it mixed up with a mp3 player or some type of ipod...Asia does have awesome tech, so should have awesome phones...

Posted Image

Pra7ul

Pra7ul

King of Pirates

• VIP
  • 382 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:55 PM
  • LocationWindmill Village
1) how much does Anime Production cost ?

2) Pay of an Manga artist ??

3) Time one episode of anime get completed ???

4) Anime licencing cost ????

[ i have been wondering about these :?: for a long time ]

Pra7ul.jpg

iqpq.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:25 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

I have a random question, are flip phones the most popular phones in Japan? it always flip in anime's?

@baka, hi-jacked bitch :P

Up until 2010 they were, however the last two years have seen a rapid shift to the uni body smart phones. Still flip phones remain popular as many are just flip-smartphones, I know some have Android OS. Yet, they appear to be on the decline!

If you pay attention/watch lots from the last few seasons, unibody phones are appearing more in anime.

I wish I had some sources. However I do remember reading many Japanese have both types of mobiles, so it is hard to get accurate figures.

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
7) The GPU I'm getting only has a mini HDMI input...Is they're any differance between a mini HDMI, and a regular HDMI? Quality, Audio, etc...

8) If I buy a Blu-Ray from Jap, will it play on my Blu-Ray player I bought here in the U.S.A? I know how DVD Region works, but not how Blu-Ray Region does :3

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 02:25 AM
  • LocationMichigan, USA

7) The GPU I'm getting only has a mini HDMI input...Is they're any differance between a mini HDMI, and a regular HDMI? Quality, Audio, etc...

Nope, no difference (other than adapter size, obviously).

8) If I buy a Blu-Ray from Jap, will it play on my Blu-Ray player I bought here in the U.S.A? I know how DVD Region works, but not how Blu-Ray Region does :3

Depends on the Blu-Ray. If it's region-locked, then you're restricted by your Blu-Ray player -- thankfully, however, Japan and North America are grouped into the same region. A lot of Blu-Ray discs are region-free anyway, though.

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
Oo...quick response...Thanks :D...good to know its the same region...save me some $ ;)

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
9) I'm getting a 128gb SSD for my OS... but if further down the road I find that 128gb is NOT enough, can i transfer my OS & all my applications to a larger drive? Or will I need to purchase another OS for my new larger drive?

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

9) I'm getting a 128gb SSD for my OS... but if further down the road I find that 128gb is NOT enough, can i transfer my OS & all my applications to a larger drive? Or will I need to purchase another OS for my new larger drive?

I... wait, what? :huh:

If you want to move your entire OS to a different drive, you're going to need to reinstall everything... but you won't need to buy a new OS to do that. You'd just use your old install disc.

You can, however, simply get a secondary drive if/when you fill up your first (provided you have enough free SATA slots), meaning you can just install additional programs there instead.

Baka. :sweat:

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
Don't programs open\run faster when installed to the same drive as the OS? Or if I get another SSD drive for programs, will they open the same as if they were on the same drive as the OS?

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Don't programs open\run faster when installed to the same drive as the OS?

No.

will they open the same as if they were on the same drive as the OS?

Yup, they'll be just as fast (provided SSDs are the same speed, though you wouldn't notice a difference even if they weren't). ;)

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
Alright sweet...Thanks for clearing that up for me :D

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 03:25 AM
that is what I do, I have my main OS on one SSD and then have all of my games running off my secondary SSD

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
10) What makes my internet faster? I know the internet plan I have is the MAIN thing, but what can I do to improve speeds? Does the modem I have matter at all? Does the Router I'm using matter? Do the ethernet cables connecting things matter? Besides upgrading my internet plan, what can I do/buy to increase my internet speeds?

P.S
A friend of mine gets 400kbps download speeds, and 80kbps upload speeds....his plan is (if I remember correctly) 12mb down & 2mb up with comcast...His Modem is a TINY little thing (about the size of an apple, but flat)...Is his Modem possibly effecting\bottlenecking his speeds?

P.S.S
DOUBLE DIGITS xD

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
10) While ethernet cables can have varying bandwidth, you'd be hard-pressed to find cables that would bottleneck commercial internet packages. Moreover, yes -- old modems/routers can throttle your maximum connection speed. Try and get something supports the 802.11n protocol (versus only a/b/g). Beyond that, the only way you can "make your internet faster" without upgrading your internet plan is to ensure you aren't utilizing 100% of your upload bandwidth.

As for the P.S., keep in mind that MB (megabytes) and Mb (megabits) are abbreviations for different units. 1 MB = 8 Mbs, so 12 megabits per second (Mbps) is 1.5 megabytes per second (MB/s; also 1500KB/s). So if you're sure about your numbers, then yes -- his internet is slower than it should be.

Posted Image

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 992 thanks
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia

10) What makes my internet faster? I know the internet plan I have is the MAIN thing, but what can I do to improve speeds? Does the modem I have matter at all? Does the Router I'm using matter? Do the ethernet cables connecting things matter? Besides upgrading my internet plan, what can I do/buy to increase my internet speeds?

Router can make a big difference. Some routers don't have the RAM and CPU power to host a lot of different connections, which could slow you down. Firmware can play a difference, too. Asus used to have a reputation of having powerful routers on the hardware level, but their firmware held them back. Nowadays things seem to be a lot better.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 07:25 AM

10) While ethernet cables can have varying bandwidth, you'd be hard-pressed to find cables that would bottleneck commercial internet packages. Moreover, yes -- old modems/routers can throttle your maximum connection speed. Try and get something supports the 802.11n protocol (versus only a/b/g). Beyond that, the only way you can "make your internet faster" without upgrading your internet plan is to ensure you aren't utilizing 100% of your upload bandwidth.

As for the P.S., keep in mind that MB (megabytes) and Mb (megabits) are abbreviations for different units. 1 MB = 8 Mbs, so 12 megabits per second (Mbps) is 1.5 megabytes per second (MB/s; also 1500KB/s). So if you're sure about your numbers, then yes -- his internet is slower than it should be.

So to work out the speed of what your meant to be getting for internet you divide it by 8? so if you have 80MB connection you should be getting 10MB download speed? also how do you calculate upload speed?

Also can someone explain to me how 1gb can be 1024 MB and 1000MB I was always teach at college that 1mb was 1024 KB, 1gb was 1024MB and 1TB is 1024 GB can someone explain why people say it is 1000?
vOEHoGZ.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users