Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Questions about Xfinity from Comcast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:40 AM
  • LocationUnited States
As some of you may be aware I am currently lacking a very good friend that goes by ISP. My family has decided on Xfinity from Comcast, but I want to ask a few questons to people with expirience\knowledge on the company...

1) I believe the data cap is 250gb. My family watches Netflix a few hours a day, and I do my downloads. Do you guys maintain track of your data usage, or do you just never hit the cap?

2) Does uploading count as data usage? If I upload 1gb, does that 1gb get taken from my 250gb data cap?

3) We are getting the basic home internet package (currently at 40$). What are your guys Upload\Download speeds?

4) Do they track downloads? Like torrents, direct downloads, etc

Would appreciate some answers from a variety of people, or if you only know the answer to one or two questions that's cool too ;)

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 01:40 PM
Stay clear of Comcast, period.

1) I use about 3TB of data monthly, good thing is I have an unlimited package with my ISP.

2) Yes. Even simply browsing websites take up data (every bit of text, images, etc...)

3) I've got 10Mb down / 1Mb up @ $60 a month.

4) Most people I've heard getting contacted for torrent usage were Comast users.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 06:40 PM
ISP sound wow shit in USA.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:40 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
From what I have read, most of them are wow shit. Though there are a few good ones! Comcast is not

Posted Image

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
check out the business version of comcast. its the same as the home version & you get unlimited data. you have to sign a contract for 1-3 years. its better then the bundle version. i can download over 100GB in 24hrs. speeds download around 2-4MB & my upload seed is around 300-500K. you have to rent a moden/router with 4 ports. Bill is around $65.

http://business.comcast.com/smb/services/internet/plans

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States

check out the business version of comcast. its the same as the home version & you get unlimited data. you have to sign a contract for 1-3 years. its better then the bundle version. i can download over 100GB in 24hrs. speeds download around 2-4MB & my upload seed is around 300-500K. you have to rent a moden/router with 4 ports. Bill is around $65.

http://business.comc.../internet/plans

Posted Image

Sounds awesome :D Which of the 4 do you have? (Starter, Premium, Deluxe, Deluxe 100). Also no data cap? Even for the starter pack? And can I get the starter pack with ONLY internet, i dont have to bundle right?

Posted Image

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
i have the starter pack. you can only bundle internet & phone for your home. You cant get the TV service. no 250GB data cap. you will have to sign a contract and you have to pay an install fee. i think my fee was $100. well worth it in my eyes. you dont have to worry about any limits or did i go over for the month. If you have any question about the service it would be easier to call them.

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
Sounds like what I want...no cap, only internet, and speeds faster then what I'm accustomed too...Thanks for the info :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users