Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best player + codec/Filter setup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 06:46 PM
What is the best setup so that you can play all media files? I usually just install k-lite codec pack but there has to be a better setup then that. Kody says to follow this guide: http://azurehakua.wo...vsfilter-madvr/ , forge says to follow this guide: http://haruhichan.co...info-guide.html and other people say to use coreavc.

what is the best setup to use + what the best guide to use. I am using windows 7 64bit but other setups+guides can be posted for other OS to help other people out.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 01:46 PM
I just use CCCP.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:46 PM
It really doesn't matter what player you use unless you have a high-end calibrated 60" screen and $10000 audio system. You will hardly see or hear any difference between the different AV decoders and video renderers unless you have such a set-up.

Just try different players and keep the one that you think is easy to use and doesn't give you any screen tearing.

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:46 PM
Does anyone know what audio filter VLC Player use? I wanted to use that instead of the LAV Audio filter, but I hjave no idea what audio filter VLC Player uses.

SkyLord

SkyLord

Magical Girl

• Trusted Encoders
  • 838 posts
  • 1478 thanks
  • Local time: 12:16 AM
I use PotPlayer.

PotPlayer is a free advanced multimedia player. Done by the same Korean author as The KMPlayer. Considered to be faster and improved version of KMP. Plenty of features and rich customization. Built in support for most video formats and support for video in ZIP and RAR archives.

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:46 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I spend most of my time on Ubuntu these days, l but I always used CCCP+MPC for Windows and it always worked perfectly. Easy install, good interface, and it never failed me.
Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
You could check out this little guide written by yours truly, too.

It's a little out of date, though.

Posted Image

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 06:46 PM

You could check out this little guide written by yours truly, too.

It's a little out of date, though.

According to your guide madvr + mpc-hc is better for hi10p? why is that, does it make a better picture? does madvr + mpc-hc play all media files or just hi10p files?

+ how do you get the topic number so that you can link to topics using bbcode?
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:46 AM
madvr + mpc-hc. I have a copy of CoreAVC, but do not use it.

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Yeah, you'll get a better image with MPC-HC and madVR, and they have higher performance than CCCP. They allow for more flexible and powerful filtering, and updates are rolled out more often than with any other setup (so things are constantly being improved).

You can play all sorts of video files with MPC-HC and madVR -- you aren't restricted to Hi10P video. That said, you can always through in the latest ffdshow (just double-check your merits) for further compatibility.

As for the topic number, just check the URL at the top. This thread's topic ID is 1361.

Posted Image

mercer1028

mercer1028

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks
I use MPC-HC (64bit) and K-Lite. But I'm always open to new codec-packs. A question about MadVR: does it have options and/or works well with DXVA?

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
I use ZoomPlayer Max with K-Lite 32 and 64 bit installed. No problems with 10-bit encodes whatsoever.

Posted Image

Dragon Logic

Dragon Logic

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:46 PM
  • LocationCanadia
I use CCCP, even if I have a 64x win7. The program has always been my reliable fallback after I tested Klite and ffdshow standalone with mpcHC 64x standalone.

I remember MadVR having its own bottom bar and text on streen during fullscreen. I didnt like it.

namaiki

namaiki

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

I use MPC-HC (64bit) and K-Lite. But I'm always open to new codec-packs. A question about MadVR: does it have options and/or works well with DXVA?

madVR won't do DVXA by itself, and 10-bit isn't possible with DXVA anyway.
madVR isn't compatible with MPC-HC 64-bit. Just use MPC-HC 32-bit which you need for xy-vsfilter (no one has directly mentioned xy-vsfilter which I would highly recommend) anyway.

Dragon Logic

Dragon Logic

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:46 PM
  • LocationCanadia
A warning about the latest version of CCCP: MPC-HC hangs on album-art MP3s "Opening..." and I cannot enable MPEG audio internal filter.
If using the latest CCCP, replace MPC-HC with the one on MPC-HC website.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:46 AM
Not one should be using MPC-HC 64bit at the moment.

Posted Image

Pra7ul

Pra7ul

King of Pirates

• VIP
  • 380 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationWindmill Village
I started using K-Lite

just got one little problem , when i + or - volume or move video < or > i don't get the notification of it being increased or being forward, even when i switch audio or subtitles.

Can any one suggest what to do.. ?

the same problem was in CCCP .

Pra7ul.jpg

iqpq.png

namaiki

namaiki

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationSydney, Australia.
In MPC-HC, click View-Options-Player-tick the thing to enable the OSD.

Pra7ul

Pra7ul

King of Pirates

• VIP
  • 380 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationWindmill Village

In MPC-HC, click View-Options-Player-tick the thing to enable the OSD.

>.< was so simple .

Pra7ul.jpg

iqpq.png

uwinaako

uwinaako

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:46 AM
  • LocationBehind you.
i use Potplayer + Haali Media Splitter + ffdshow video decoder + ac3filter + xy-VSFilter + EVR Custom Pres in High Quality RGB32 Conversion. Can't use MadVR coz my graphics card isn't decent enough to render HD videos like 720p.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users