Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What to watch next...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 05:01 PM

D.Gray-man for sure.

I wish they'd continue the anime, at least Final Act style. On another note, I'm about to be adding Shinsen's subs release of it to my XDCC bot in my IRC channel if anyone cares.

Sadly I cannot obtain their 576p version that they only did for like 81-103. Could only find their avi release (remember this show was coming out in 2006, avi was common then).

2nd sadly, is FUNimation totally did a horrible job on the dub of D.Gray-man which caused it not to sale and they've pretty much gave up on the show (never licensed more episodes).

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:01 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Hahahahaha. Well played Stab, well played.

There does seem to be a bizarre amount of in-fighting amongst shounen fans. Reminds one of the console wars. I actually don't dislike any of the main three shounen shows, I just prefer pointed, condensed shows, and simply can't maintain interest over those sorts of episode counts. FMA Brotherhood is about as long as I've seen a series go and pull it off well (stay consistent, avoid filler, keep pacing, keep track of overarching themes etc.), and even it fell apart a lot at the end.

To quote Yahtzee: "To my mind, a good story is like a good bowel movement. It's only really satisfying once it's ended, because if you just keep going, then eventually your body runs out of shit, and moves onto pushing all you internal organs out your sphincter, until only a foul smelling shell remains, and anyone who wants to get in on your incredibly long poo gets turned off, because they need to have gone through all the poo up to that point to have the necessary context, and this is where the analogy is breaking down somewhat."

If you can enjoy really long stories, power to you.
Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks

I wish they'd continue the anime, at least Final Act style. On another note, I'm about to be adding Shinsen's subs release of it to my XDCC bot in my IRC channel if anyone cares.

Sadly I cannot obtain their 576p version that they only did for like 81-103. Could only find their avi release (remember this show was coming out in 2006, avi was common then).

2nd sadly, is FUNimation totally did a horrible job on the dub of D.Gray-man which caused it not to sale and they've pretty much gave up on the show (never licensed more episodes).

Lol, I don't care for FUNimation much....it seems like they do shitty dubbing on a lot of shows, although FMA was good. Yes, I wish they would make another season....the manga should be far enough along now that they could probably do more. It was so good! :( I guess the bad dubbing doesn't bother me though since I watched it subbed. I heard Allen's english voice and about wanted to vomit. -___- I'm one of those people that pretty much always prefers subs over dubs. :P

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:01 AM
This is excellent everybody. Thank you for your insights so far. Please continue.

Yahtzee's quote can most certainly be applied to anime series i.e Bleach, Fairy Tail, Shippuden, FMA (not Brotherhood) etc

I do not know about the States but, in Japan One Piece fandom was everywhere! Even the awesome school girls I befriended spoke of how popular it is, and all the guys read/watch it, talk about it, put them danglies on the phones and bags. But this is highschool people, so they do not count (hahaha sucked in younger members!)

Wolf's Rain is not finished yet (it happened to be low down on the que) and I still feel Sci-Fi-ish, with a some romance possibly. Kaiba with its trusted praise, will be what I start now. It is bed time for me in 6 hours so I may be able to watch it all, assuming housemate does all the cooking etc! I then will try Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 to see if I agree with Will, or everyone else! The rest is still 'thoughts pending'.

Posted Image

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:01 AM
Oh, don't take my opinion on Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 seriously, I haven't watched it, that's just what I had heard. It just lost appeal for me as an interesting hypothetical when the earthquake happened IRL. If Koby put it in his top 3, it's certainly worth a watch.
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Kaiba is fucked, it is addressing some serious issues and that childish art style makes so surreal and even haunting. But this is all in a good way, the few episodes I have seen have been told in a beautiful and poignant way. I can see this making me very sad and very happy, depending on where the story goes.

Posted Image

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 11:01 PM
I recommended one piece or toriko. You can download toriko here:

http://www.anime-destiny.org/
vOEHoGZ.jpg

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:01 AM
Sakamichi no Apollon
It may be a little short, but it's really good.

Posted Image

cats eye

cats eye

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 41 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:01 AM
  • LocationWoNdEr LaNd
highly recommend mushishi , its really good!!!

Posted Image

"if u believe in urself,u cn do anything!!!"

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 07:01 PM
hmm based on the list you gave how about this
Familiar of Zero
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Tsukuyomi Moonphase (maybe ... depends if you like moe)
Vandread

... or just watch them all that is what I would do if I had the time

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 06:01 PM
  • LocationMichigan, USA

highly recommend mushishi , its really good!!!

You know, I tried watching Mushishi a while back, but I guess I got distracted and dropped it after around 3 or 4 episodes.

I've heard good things about it, though.

Posted Image

cats eye

cats eye

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 41 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:01 AM
  • LocationWoNdEr LaNd

You know, I tried watching Mushishi a while back, but I guess I got distracted and dropped it after around 3 or 4 episodes.

I've heard good things about it, though.

omg!! xDD hw cn u get distracted 03o u should continue watching it , u wont regret it :'3
i really enjoyed it C:

Posted Image

"if u believe in urself,u cn do anything!!!"

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:01 AM

wolfs rain and gunslinger are the only 2 i recognize off your list that i know where good shows.

Tried Gunslinger, I guess its alright but its a very episodic show, so I dropped it when I noticed that.

Zalis

Zalis

Mushi

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • 0 thanks

Sadly I cannot obtain their 576p version that they only did for like 81-103. Could only find their avi release (remember D.Gray-Man was coming out in 2006, avi was common then).

I've seen the .mkv eps for 84-103 out there, like on this torrent of the 2nd half and one on Demonoid that has the whole show.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

I've seen the .mkv eps for 84-103 out there, like on this torrent of the 2nd half and one on Demonoid that has the whole show.

Awesome, if I manage to grab the files before the torrent dies (the one you linked to was actually dead, and the one on Demonoid has 7 poor seeders), then I'll swap the avi files I have of 84-103 with the mkv's.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks

omg!! xDD hw cn u get distracted 03o u should continue watching it , u wont regret it :'3
i really enjoyed it C:

I only watched 4 episodes or so as well and then put it on hold, I found it to be dark I like more lighted hearted animes.

Awesome, if I manage to grab the files before the torrent dies (the one you linked to was actually dead, and the one on Demonoid has 7 poor seeders), then I'll swap the avi files I have of 84-103 with the mkv's.

If you get the mkvs can you be a dear and upload them to the download section :)
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

If you get the mkvs can you be a dear and upload them to the download section :)

I've got them on my server now, downloading one to my home PC to check it out.
If it's as good or better than their avi releases, then I'll replace the avi's with the mkv's on my IRC XDCC bot.
I'll be making a post for it at some point here.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Currently watching Wolf's Rain, and enjoying it! But we shall see how the second half is before I make any final judgments on it!
Next up is Sakamichi no Apollon or Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon at the moment!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users