Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anime Watching Habits?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 10:56 PM
How much anime do you people watch a week? when do you normally watch anime?

I usually try and spend 1 hour a day watching anime before I go to bed and I watch anything from 7 to 21 episodes a week of anime depending on how busy I am.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 05:56 PM
well in a normal anime watching week i can watch between 20-40 but then i can go a few weeks only watching 2-3 currently airing shows due to work and other things. like right now i have watched 1.5 seasons of the Simpsons in the last 2 days cuz i have this week off from work. 12 of 22 seasons down 10 more to go...

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 11:56 PM
  • LocationUK
Depends really. During the holidays (like at the moment) I tend to watch either a film (usually anime) or a single disc of an anime series during the afternoon, which can be anywhere form about 3 to 7 episodes. These are normally rewatches. In the evening I will the watch 4 or 5 episodes of anime which I have not seen before.

If it is not the holidays, then usually 2-4 episodes(depending how busy I am) of new shows only each evening.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK
All depends for me. I use to watch at least 12- 25 episodes in one go so that be from when i got up to when i got tired at what ever time that was in the holidays and about 3-6 Monday - Thursday.

Now not so much i may watch 1-2 episodes a day or even a week, but that was because i was playing games mostly and i just got a second Graphics card so i felt obligated to play on a game for 12 hours, and because i was getting more work from college.

Now that i am on summer vacation till September so after i have finished this play through of ME2 i will be watching all the shows i have neglected to watch while i was in a mass effect frenzy, its one of those games where you neglect to play for a while then when you start you cant stop.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
  • Local time: 03:56 PM
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia
Buck naked, except for a ski mask and a pirate hat.

Whoever makes fun of me shall die.

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:56 PM

*makes fun of* Freaking. Hilarious.

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:56 AM
  • LocationAustralia

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Posted Image

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
I watched around 20 eps/week last season with ongoing series.
This'll probably be tuned down a bit, since there don't seem to be that many interesting new anime this summer. :(
When I have an interesting completed series to watch and some free time I could marathon through 40 eps in a single day though :)

Posted Image

Shima

Shima

Mangaka

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:26 AM
  • LocationIndia
I exclusively watch completed shows, mainly because I prefer to wait and see whether the ones I'm interested in watching get licensed and dubbed (also because I hate waiting for new episodes every week).
Normally, I watch two to three hours of anime a day for a few days, then I take the rest of the week off anime to watch something else... Then I get back to more anime.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

I watched around 20 eps/week last season with ongoing series.
This'll probably be tuned down a bit, since there don't seem to be that many interesting new anime this summer. :(
When I have an interesting completed series to watch and some free time I could marathon through 40 eps in a single day though :)

40 episodes in a single day or a single marathon cause am sure there isn't enough time in the day for 40 episodes as watching 12 episodes is like 6hours so the most you can get out is 24 episodes, unless some of the episodes you watch are like only 15 minuets or below.

I exclusively watch completed shows, mainly because I prefer to wait and see whether the ones I'm interested in watching get licensed and dubbed (also because I hate waiting for new episodes every week).
Normally, I watch two to three hours of anime a day for a few days, then I take the rest of the week off anime to watch something else... Then I get back to more anime.

I also don't mind waiting for new episodes each week, probalnly because the week just seems to fly by for me, even while i was at college. Its waiting for new episodes for TV shows that i don't like waiting for.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • Local time: 04:56 PM
  • LocationUSA, IL
Some weeks the only time I watch anime is one episode of One Piece on Sunday. Other times 3 hours a week and when I find something good, sometimes even 7 hours a week to watch a serie. I watch/download mostly regular tv.

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 10:56 PM

I was waiting for this, lol.

40 episodes in a single day or a single marathon cause am sure there isn't enough time in the day for 40 episodes as watching 12 episodes is like 6hours so the most you can get out is 24 episodes, unless some of the episodes you watch are like only 15 minuets or below.

I also don't mind waiting for new episodes each week, probalnly because the week just seems to fly by for me, even while i was at college. Its waiting for new episodes for TV shows that i don't like waiting for.

Average anime episode is 24 minutes long. So:

40 x 24 = 960 minutes
960 / 60 = 16 hours

So if he got up at 7 in the morning he would be finished at 11 at night so it is possible, I normaly skip intros+endings unless there amazing which would make every episode 20 minutes or so long.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
Yeah, it's 20 mins per ep, so 3 eps per hour, like that you can easily fit 40 in one day with time to spare.
I usually start in the afternoon on a friday and don't stop until late the next morning. It's the addiction that keeps me going. :P

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

I was waiting for this, lol.

Average anime episode is 24 minutes long. So:

40 x 24 = 960 minutes
960 / 60 = 16 hours

So if he got up at 7 in the morning he would be finished at 11 at night so it is possible, I normaly skip intros+endings unless there amazing which would make every episode 20 minutes or so long.

Thanks for that bit of math there :), i was assuming the eps were 30mins for easy math in the head :P. But

Yeah, it's 20 mins per ep, so 3 eps per hour, like that you can easily fit 40 in one day with time to spare.
I usually start in the afternoon on a Friday and don't stop until late the next morning. It's the addiction that keeps me going. :P

As long its on a Friday and not in the week days :)

add the 5mins for a toilet break and to do other things for 5mins lol,

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:56 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Well I thought I should post how much I watch animes a week. Let me tell you guys:

0 HOURS and 0 MINUTES and 0 SECONDS! =(

LOL, I'm lucky to get even 2 episodes done a week.

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 06:56 PM
hmm well during a day I am doing nothing ... I will watch anime from the moment I drag my rear end out of my bed and sit down in the chair 2 feet away from my bed and hit the space bar ... will not stop unless I really got to pee or eat and well that is it ... till I get tired and then got back to sleep

This could range between 24 minutes to 24 hours

on a day where I am doing stuff ... I just do that stuff when needed ... then refer to schedule above

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:56 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
It really does vary. I try and and see about 40 episodes a week, but it is more often close to 30. Though sometimes less! :(

I usually just wear my briefs, depending on the time and day. It is a bit cold now, so I have taken to wearing my blanket around me too!

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 06:56 PM
hmm I generally where whatever I slept in ... so mostly my boxers ... I would use a blanket but it gets hot at my parents place, they love to keep the temp at 75-80 F ... then add in the heat that my desktop creates ... I just dont like the heat

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:56 AM
  • LocationLithuania
My habits are as follows:

episodes a week: around 28 or so (generally four episodes a day);
anime watching time: evening, between 21:00 and 24:00 (my vary depending how good show is that I'm currently watching); but I never watch anime at day time; NEVER!
amount of series: between 1 (mainly if it is movie or long OVA) and 6 (if it is superb series)

So that's that.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

It really does vary. I try and and see about 40 episodes a week, but it is more often close to 30. Though sometimes less! :(

I usually just wear my briefs, depending on the time and day. It is a bit cold now, so I have taken to wearing my blanket around me too!

hmm I generally where whatever I slept in ... so mostly my boxers ... I would use a blanket but it gets hot at my parents place, they love to keep the temp at 75-80 F ... then add in the heat that my desktop creates ... I just dont like the heat

WoW i only wear my fat pants with no boxers just straight up commando, with a top, seen as i sleep nude if i just got up like LB i would be naked for the rest of the day...... Which isn't that bad tbh, don't think other people in the house would agree though :P.

I did a marathon of Acchi Kocchi the other day, forgot how easy it was to blow through 12 episodes.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users