Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

what animes should get dubbed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

mystikal2001us

mystikal2001us

ES Force

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Local time: 07:00 PM
  • LocationNapTown
I was just curious, and got to wondering, which anime's that are out in japan now, should get dubbed. What are yall thoughts?

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • Local time: 05:00 PM
  • LocationUSA, IL
The complete Original Fist of the North Star TV show and Akira Toriyama's Dragon Warrior. Also any other gundam that never got dubbed.

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

mystikal2001us

mystikal2001us

ES Force

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Local time: 07:00 PM
  • LocationNapTown
interesting choices. I remember looking at the fist of the north star movies, one of first animes I ever watched, cool choices. I have have to go with "Isekai no seikishi monogatari", the "To aru majutsu no Index" series, and "fate/zero".

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
  • Local time: 04:00 PM
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: StrikerS

Anything else would just be icing on the cake.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
I think Minami-ke would be pretty funny dubbed.
If Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 was dubbed I'd buy it.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:00 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
None need to be!!!! Hahaha.

Though, I am sure Fate/Zero will be done as Fate/Stay Night is.

Posted Image

Shima

Shima

Mangaka

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:30 AM
  • LocationIndia
Fate/Zero won't be, unfortunately; It's getting a sub-only release in the US as well...

Anyway, I'd like to see all the Kara no Kyoukai films and fate/Zero dubbed.
Well, those and half the shows NIS America has licensed, especially Toradora, Pandora Hearts, Katanagatari, Usagi Drop and Kimi ni Todoke... Now, if only they'd change their 'no dubs' policy.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:00 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Fate/Zero won't be, unfortunately; It's getting a sub-only release in the US as well...

Anyway, I'd like to see all the Kara no Kyoukai films and fate/Zero dubbed.
Well, those and half the shows NIS America has licensed, especially Toradora, Pandora Hearts, Katanagatari, Usagi Drop and Kimi ni Todoke... Now, if only they'd change their 'no dubs' policy.

WOAH! Surprise there!

Posted Image

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 12:00 AM
  • LocationUK
My #1 want for a dubbed anime is Hayate The Combat Butler. I have the Animax dub versions, but they are such poor quality that I may end up just watching it subbed soon.

I also really want the sequels to You're Under Arrest to be dubbed, although now that they have all been released and re-released by Sentai, that hope is dead in the water.

Others: Digimon Xros Wars, FotNS(they should use the dub cast from the Ken's Rage game), Maria Holic(Once again, no chance now).

Note: I have not actually seen any of these, except FotNS, as I have been holding out hope for dubs. :P

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
  • Local time: 04:00 PM
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia

Up until recently, Blue Exorcist was also sub only, but it got a dub announcement out of the blue. There might be some hope considering how wildly popular Fate/Zero seems to be.

Shima

Shima

Mangaka

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:30 AM
  • LocationIndia
^That news actually got my hopes up, but neither Fate/Zero nor Kara no Kyoukai have actually been licensed by Aniplex; They simply possess the distribution rights to both anime, which is also why their BR box sets are so ridiculously expensive.

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:00 AM
I hope Animax dubs the rest of Nodame. I watched the first season dubbed so really hope they do.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK
They should do the OVA's for History's strongest Disciple Kenichi. Although it doesn't bother me if it gets dubbed or not, I really don't mind watching subbed, although it can be hard when your eating your tea and having to look at the monitor every 5 seconds.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

DeathScythe

DeathScythe

Meitantei

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • 15 thanks
I'd love to see Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero dubbed. May be AniplexUSA will dub them in the (near?) future....after all they only got released in North America as imports.

Other than these, xxxHOLIC OVAs, Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-hen, Hell Girl S2 and S3, and Umineko no Naku Koro ni should all get dubbed. (These are the ones I can think of atm lolz). Oh include almost all of NISA titles...it's hypocritical that they dub the games but not animes =_=

It will be great if Hayate The Combat Butler get an uncensored dub. The Animax dub was censored like the Japanese TV broadcast, although it's fine with me anyways...it is a shame that Bandai didn't dub it.

That reminds me, Kara no Kyoukai is getting re-released again in DVD this November....perhaps they'll be bilingual this time? -not holding my breath-

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:00 PM
Working and Working'. The Macross stuff(never gonna happen :( .) Release the ENTIRE dub of Monster FFS!

Posted Image

DeathScythe

DeathScythe

Meitantei

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • 15 thanks

Release the ENTIRE dub of Monster FFS!

That may take forever....it's weird Viz dubbed the whole thing and only released a single volume!

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 11:00 PM
Don't care what gets dub i only listen to Japanese dubs. If the question would be what would you like to be release in 1080p then I would have a long list.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

Digimon Xros Wars

It was announced last year that someone had picked this up for dubbing, just can't remember who it was. It was some small rarely heard of Canadian-based company though (however, Viz Media is also mostly Canadian-based so don't fret).

Pandora Hearts

I was disappointed this wasn't dubbed. Though I'd also like to see a second season be made.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • LocationUK

It was announced last year that someone had picked this up for dubbing, just can't remember who it was. It was some small rarely heard of Canadian-based company though (however, Viz Media is also mostly Canadian-based so don't fret).

Indeed, I recall hearing about that. Had given up on it really as nothing has come of it.

It will be great if Hayate The Combat Butler get an uncensored dub. The Animax dub was censored like the Japanese TV broadcast, although it's fine with me anyways...it is a shame that Bandai didn't dub it.

The Animax dub seemed like it would be fine to watch, my problem is that the ONLY encodes I could find were recorded in such dreadful quality, it was hard to watch. Did you see them on TV? Or do you have a good source?

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

DeathScythe

DeathScythe

Meitantei

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • 15 thanks

The Animax dub seemed like it would be fine to watch, my problem is that the ONLY encodes I could find were recorded in such dreadful quality, it was hard to watch. Did you see them on TV? Or do you have a good source?

I watched it on TV initially, but I also have the English audios ripped by someone else, and they seem to be in decent quality if you ask me, expect one or two may be...I'm planning to upload Season 1 with those audios soon (I hope), may be you can compare them with the ones your existing ones?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users