Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Comparisons Database

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:33 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
What is peoples' and admins' (they are not people!) thoughs.

Basically set out like an anime index, with the a quick link bar across the top to the corrosponding letter of anime titles. Then the list of anime series alphabetised (of course), which give a link to that site people use for comparisons, which I do not know, but everyone uses it when they wish to compare. Then compare a few scenes from encodes x, y and z.

I would use this but, does anyone think having a thread dedicated to comparing the quality of different encodes isa good idea and would use it?

Posted Image

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 05:33 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
Well, I for one would use something like that. But it might just be easier to have a dedicated forum, and people just start topics for the series, rather than have a full blown app.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
app? Sorry I meant a thread, like this. But rather than goes to download, goes to comparison

Posted Image

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 05:33 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
oh, i thought you meant something like that screenshotcomparison website. I was thinking a web app, not a desktop one. lol, totally overthought that one.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,442 posts
  • 259 thanks
  • Local time: 12:33 PM
that isnt a bad idea but that would require someone to step up and maintain such a list.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

Rurouni

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 05:33 PM
^^^ Unless you get the encoders to add there anime to the list, job done.

vOEHoGZ.jpg

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:33 PM
  • LocationUK

that isnt a bad idea but that would require someone to step up and maintain such a list.

Zach should be the one for that seen as its his idea. XD

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,442 posts
  • 259 thanks
but we can not have a thread in which multiple people can edit. it would be best handled by a single person who receives comparisons by users and posts them accordingly.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
If I knew what to do I would give it ago! I have never made a comparison myself, just looked at others. Neither have I done anything on a forum other than be a normal user.

I do not mind trying it. I am on here enough. Though some insight and help would be nice!

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,442 posts
  • 259 thanks
well all you really need to do is accept others comparisons and add it the to list appropriately and i guess you could make your own to add to the list as well. making the comparisons are really easy on http://screenshotcomparison.com you just need to download the same episode from 2 or more groups and then save screenshots of the same frame and upload them there. (NOTE: you can not upload more than 6MB of images in a single comparison, it will error out) i find it easiest to use mpc's built in screenshot by going to file->Save Image or pressing Alt+I. now getting the same frame might be difficult but i personally load the images into separate google chrome tabs and flip between them to confirm that they are identical frames before uploading.

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationU.S.A
i have something plan for later in the summer that will work pretty good,its a auto fitlering search index,it basicly adds a-z 0-9 on the top of the actually forum you are looking at and you click that letter and it loads all the threads that start with that letter.some problems that will happen is that we will need to add prefixes or it wont be able to work right.but like i said its later in the summer and im not sure if i can get it to work properly on ipb yet.

as for the current index system maybe add someone that is on alot that wants to update them all the time.but thats all on cman and stab to decide that.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
What part of the forum would this belong?

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,442 posts
  • 259 thanks
in the download section for sure... prob in the main section where the rules and such are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users