Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anime Expo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
  • Local time: 08:05 AM
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia
So, I did end up going on Saturday June 30th. I got there late (1:00 PM, whereas the con opened up at 10:00 AM) and I was using my mother's camera, which was nearly full with family pictures and had like ten minutes of battery left. Also, this was my first anime con ever, and I was by myself (my brother and parents aren't into that Japanese cartoon stuff) so I derped kind of badly with panels and schedules. Oh well. I wanted to see the Madoka panel but that filled up way quick.

The one panel I managed to weasel my way into was one with 21 English VAs, mostly the ones from the LA area. (Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi, Joel Mcdonald, and Ian Sinclair appeared the other three days except Saturday. Sad face. I wanted to see Monica).

Anyway, at the VA panel I got to see Carrie Keranen, Cristina Valenzuela, Richard Epcar, Wendee Lee, Dorothy Elias Fahn, Karen Strassman, Steve Motherfucking Blum, Liam O'brien, Michelle Ruff, Mela Lee, Doug Erholtz, Kyle Frigging Hebert, Bridget Hoffman, Patrick Seitz, Bryce Papenbrook, Steve Staley, Spike Spencer, and Carrier Savage. I wasn't sure who the last three VAs were. They were halfway through introductions when I was let into the room. Got some so-so quality photos of them, and about a minute of Cristina Vee and Richard Epcar.

Richard and Steve Blum are pretty damned funny.
Richard: "My first job? I was a gynecologist."
Steve: "I was Richard's first patient."

Anyway, I'm uploading photos and the lone video as fast as I can, but the craptastic hotel internet (30 KB/s) is making this a lousy experience.

EDIT:
People
Spoiler

And more people
Spoiler

And yet more people
Spoiler

And more.
Spoiler

And a couple more people
Spoiler

Appleseed peeps
Spoiler

Some robot dude
Spoiler

Scarecrow guy on stilts
Spoiler

Korra peeps
Spoiler

Amon debending some poor airbender
Spoiler

Amon debending some poor random schmuck
Spoiler

Zoids (I think)
Spoiler

Cosplaying thing. I recognized Iron Man, not the others.
Spoiler

Ostensibly some kind of promo for Panty And Stockings And Garter Belt, but all I saw was two cute chicks poledancing.
Spoiler

Carrie Keranen, Cristina Valenzuela, Richard Epcar, a VA I don't know by sight, Wendee Lee, Dorothy Elias-Fahn, another VA I can't ID on sight (maybe Bridget Hoffman?), another VA I don't know, and Karen Strassman.
Spoiler

Carrie Keranen, Cristina Valenzuela, Richard Epcar, and the VA I don't know
Spoiler

VA I don't know by sight, Wendee Lee, Dorothy Elias-Fahn, Alleged Bridget Hoffman, another VA I don't know, Karen Strassman, Tony Oliver, and Steve Blum
Spoiler

Carrie Savage (I think), three VAs I don't know on sight, Spike Spency, Kyle Hebert, and another I don't know (though I think Steve Staley)
Spoiler

Carrie Keranen, Cristina Valenzuela, Richard Epcar, the unknown VA, Wendee Lee, Dorothy Elias-Fahn, and maybe-Bridget-Hoffman.
Spoiler

EDIT 2: Video with Cristina Vee and Richard Epcar

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:05 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Looks like it was pretty cool!! Pity about the Modaka panel!

Posted Image

cats eye

cats eye

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 41 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:05 PM
  • LocationWoNdEr LaNd
looks awesome lucky u!!!!!! x3
wish i could go to one T.T

Posted Image

"if u believe in urself,u cn do anything!!!"

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:05 PM
  • LocationUK

looks awesome lucky u!!!!!! x3
wish i could go to one T.T

Same here

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:05 PM
  • LocationAustralia
Oh nice! Lol Forge man you should've dragged your whole family and all your friends! LOL Turn them all into otakus!!

On another note, I never been to any anime con/expo before I probably go to one later on in my life. So how was your first experience? Anything fun?

Posted Image

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • Local time: 09:05 AM
  • LocationUSA, IL
nice dude

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

Kenzou

Kenzou

Dark Flame of Justice

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:05 AM
cool photos forge i have been thinking watching madoka after i'm done with Casshern

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Do it! It is amazing!

Posted Image

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
It was a cool experience. NExt time I go to one of these though I'll actually prepare. Like I mentioned in one of my status updates I was here on vacation/helping my brother move into his new place. I wasn't even aware AX was this weekened until someone posted it.

And I was all "I'm not in LA all the time (I live about 7 hours away from the LA area) so I might as well try it".

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
Brief video clip in original post. Richar Epcar's a funny dude.

cats eye

cats eye

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 41 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:05 PM
  • LocationWoNdEr LaNd

Same here

really??? OwO
coz here we dnt hve any con at all T.T
but in dubai they have con,

Posted Image

"if u believe in urself,u cn do anything!!!"

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
There is one coming up here in Australia! I also have never been to one!

Posted Image

DeathScythe

DeathScythe

Meitantei

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • Local time: 09:05 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing those moments! I wish I could go to an expo/con like this ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users