Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MERGING ORDERED CHAPTERS

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:11 AM
  • LocationUnited States
I like to HardSub anime for viewing on PS3's, Xbox's, etc. While doing this, more then once ive had to deal with...ORDERED CHAPTERS...*dramatic pause*...As some may know, if i were to extract the subtitle or audio files, they would be missing the OP & ED...I normally extract the subtitles, use Aegisub to add in the OP & ED subs (which i extract from the OP & ED), then re-sync everything so its in order...Same with the audio...However...doing this for EVERY episode that uses OC breaks my heart, crushes my spirits, and shrivels my balls...which is why i would like to know a way to fix this, so i dont have to do this for EVERY episode...I do understand that im still gonna have to do every episode one at a time, but i want another method of doing this...I heard that i can use MKVMERGE GUI to split the video into 3 parts (Before the OP, episode itself, after the ED) then append the OP & ED with those 3 segments and have one video with everything in it...That sound pretty amazing...I havent been able to confirm if this works, since my computer is HS FMAB, and thats gonna take about 2 more days, but will try when its done...In the mean time i was wondering if anyone else knew a way to do this...

P.S
I use MeGui if that makes any difference...Also im a noob when it comes to encoding and stuff... :3

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,434 posts
  • 256 thanks
  • Local time: 10:11 AM
i advise reading this first off: http://www.animepass...dered-chapters/

second you *should* be able to use MKVMerge to append the OP/ED back into every episode this way everything *should* be like a single continuous episodes.

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States

i advise reading this first off: http://www.animepass...dered-chapters/

second you *should* be able to use MKVMerge to append the OP/ED back into every episode this way everything *should* be like a single continuous episodes.

Read through thread and i can see myself doing all that...typing from iphone because computer is encoding FMAB, so my bad for spelling errors...only question i have is, will the audio & subs be merged as well, or just the video? Im going to extract the audio & subs later to hardsub, so when i do everything will be in order correct? no OP/ED missing, subs & audio all norma and in sync...as if it were a regular continuous episode without OC, with OP & ED in every episode...correct?

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,434 posts
  • 256 thanks
correct EVERYTHING will be appended together into a single file as if the ordered chapters never existed.

now keep in mind i say *should* for a reason, it doesnt work 100% of the time for some reason or another.

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
Alright thanks, Ill try this later...If it works ill send you a virtual hug ;)

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
Alright i followed the steps in the other thread, but i ran into a problem. the OP & ED dont show...im not adding anything like that guy was, im just trying to merge stuff together...heres what i did...

1) Open MKVMERGE and add in episode im using
2) Append OP & ED
3) add the UID for the OP, then a comma, and the UID for ED...heres how it looks...
87 d3 08 ae b4 9e b6 4e ae c3 65 4b 89 b3 47 d7, 97 bc 91 c6 9a 69 78 e0 ab f0 f3 49 20 74 f9 38
4) Mux

The output plays the episode, skips the OP, and ED (has preview after ED), then plays them both at the end of the episode, one after the other

I tried adding the OP first, then appending the episode, followed by the ED...it played the OP right away (skipped little prolouge) and when the episode came, subs were plain boring subs. But the ED had its .ass subs.

Tried like 5 other combos but none worked...

Any idea what im doing wrong?

P.S
Put UIDs in 1st box, and all MKVs have same amount of tracks, and each track type is same track number, with same audio\sub\video encoders.

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
Alright, i found a way everything plays normally. But it doesnt do what i need it to do... which is when i extract the subs and audio using MKVExtract Gui, they have the OP & ED in them were they are suppose to be. When i extract the Subs and Audio, the OP & ED subs are pushed to the back, and the audio cuts off some of the episode audio and fills it in with the OP & ED audio...Its like ordered chapters within the MKV...OP & ED are there, but they only show normally when im viewing the MKV with VLC, but when i extract it thats when everything gets out of order...

My solution to getting the OP & ED to play successfully in the video is this...I took half of the UID from the OP, and half from the ED, then put those together and it worked (Yah, ive been trying so many ways that i even tried that)...but as i said above, only works when im viewing it using VLC...but when extracted everythings out of order and stuff...

P.S
Im not splitting the episode ito segments, im just adding it as a whole. If I need to split it into segements, can you tell me how to split it at the points were it should be split? Like were the uploader set the OP/ED to start playing. BTW, in case you wanted to know, im using COALGIRLS release of "Toradora"

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,434 posts
  • 256 thanks
oh now this is where it gets tricky... i forgot to mention that you will need to split the main Ep where the OP/ED are if there is an epilogue and/or prologue. as appending can only put one file right after another. so first step is to look at the chapters on the chapters tab of MKVmerge and find the exact time/s in which the OP/ED are and add those into the global tabs under split by times. this will give you 2-3 new files in which you will first load the epilogue into MKVmerge then append the OP, then Main Ep, then ED, then the prologue. just make sure to check the new split files and make sure the split was in the right spot.

you do NOT do anything using the SUID's of the OP/ED, that are not reliant for what you are trying to do.

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States

oh now this is where it gets tricky... i forgot to mention that you will need to split the main Ep where the OP/ED are if there is an epilogue and/or prologue. as appending can only put one file right after another. so first step is to look at the chapters on the chapters tab of MKVmerge and find the exact time/s in which the OP/ED are and add those into the global tabs under split by times. this will give you 2-3 new files in which you will first load the epilogue into MKVmerge then append the OP, then Main Ep, then ED, then the prologue. just make sure to check the new split files and make sure the split was in the right spot.

you do NOT do anything using the SUID's of the OP/ED, that are not reliant for what you are trying to do.

Alright i did that, but the appended output file plays fine all the way till the ED...At the beginning of the ED, it displays subs which are suppose to come AFTER the ED "NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW". Then the ED subs are pushed back for 10 seconds until those finish. I determined the root of the problem lies when i split the
episode MKV. When i split it into 3 pieces (prologue, episode, preview) some preview subs go to the EPISODE MKV (ep12-002) instead of the PREVIEW MKV (ep12-003). So if i play the PREVIEW MKV (ep12-003) the "NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW" subs wont show.

Heres how it looks before i split it...

Posted Image

And After I split it...

Posted Image

When i append OP & ED to the 3 split files, Audio and video are fine, just subs start messing up when ED starts.

I split MKV right when Prologue is done & right after the Episode is done. Split times look like this in MKVMERGE...

00:01:04.982000000,00:20:25.015000000

I checked the sub timings in Aegisub, and the subs that go out of order come AFTER i split the main episode (After 00:20:25.015000000). Since i split the episode at 00:20:25.015, and according to Aegisub the subs come at 00:20:25.05. So they should be with the PREVIEW MKV (ep12-003), but instead they go into the EPISODE MKV (ep12-002).

P.S
under splitting, Im using the bottom left box. Every time i try to use the top right, i get an error.

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,434 posts
  • 256 thanks
since it is the subs i would assume that you will need to extract the subs from the Ep and copy/paste the header from the Ep and replace the OP/ED's old header, everything until the first dialogue line. the header if different will cause some glitches in the appending process. once fixed re-mux the new subs into the OP/ED and make sure you use these new ones for the appending process. also just to verify what are all the warnings MKVmerge gives you when appending?

now make sure that ONLY on the MAIN Ep is loaded into MKVmerge for the splitting step, nothing else should be loaded into MKVmerge and do not touch the UID's or anything else. on the global tab click the enable splitting box then select the after time codes. enter the times from the chapters there and hit start muxing. this should split the file without error.

p.s. now when you start the append process make sure you disable the splitting.

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
Alright...you finally lost me...first paragraph confizzles my cranium...can you re-word it so its dumb@ss friendly?

P.S
Mainly "Header" not sure what your talking about...

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,434 posts
  • 256 thanks
ok here is an example of the subtitle file if looked at with notpad:
[Script Info]
; This is a Sub Station Alpha v4 script.
; For Sub Station Alpha info and downloads,
; go to http://www.eswat.demon.co.uk/
Title: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episode 26 (neutral Spanish)
Original Script: RoRo
Script Updated By: version 2.8.01
ScriptType: v4.00
Collisions: Normal
PlayResY: 600
PlayDepth: 0
Timer: 100,0000

[V4 Styles]
Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, TertiaryColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow,
Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, AlphaLevel, Encoding
Style: DefaultVCD, Arial,28,11861244,11861244,11861244,-2147483640,-1,0,1,1,2,2,30,30,30,0,0

[Events]
Format: Marked, Start, End, Style, Name, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Effect, Text
Dialogue: Marked=0,0:00:01.18,0:00:06.85,DefaultVCD, NTP,0000,0000,0000,,{\pos(400,570)}Like an angel with pity on nobody

you need to make sure that all the subtitles on all the parts have the same header, by this i mean everything until the [Events] tag. if MKVmerge sees a different header on any of them it will think that the files it is appending are not perfect matches and it can error out.

but i still would like to know what the warnings are when you run it and it doesnt work properly.

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
IM BACK XO...on toradora, i jsut figured it was the OC itself, so i decided to drop it and did it like i normally do...but ive been meaning to try and figure it out the next time i download something with OC...which ive finally done...its actually one your familiar with....OPA's release of Spice & Wolf Season 1...the one you uploaded on here, except i got it elsewhere :P...well i did everything we discussed...i split it into two files (episode itself, and next ep preview...this one didnt have anything before the OP), then i...ADDED the OP, APPENDED the main episode, APPENDED the ED, and APPENDED the preview...i hit mux and i get an error....

This is the log file...(TEST-00X is the name i gave the episode when i split it into two files)
Spoiler

I checked to make sure all the tracks were the same using MKVExtract GUI...i noticed something was not correct in the tracks...

Spoiler

I DID NOT MODIFY ANYTHING...i just downloaded, and have NOT done anything to it....it works fine if i view it on VLC or something, but if i try to mux everything together in MKVMergre, i get the error :/

Any ideas whats wrong?

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,434 posts
  • 256 thanks
what is wrong is an error on OPA's part. the only thing i can suggest for you to do is use eac3to.exe and re-encode that audio track to be the same as all the rest. granted this isnt the best option as you are re-encoding audio to something that was lost the first time, but it is the fastest way to get it to work and you wouldnt even notice the audio differences.

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
Ok, sounds good...so i would encode the audio, then mux it back in with MKVMerge correct?

Posted Image

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!! It worked :3...ran it through megui, made the samplerate 48000hz, and then used MKVMerge to replace the track in the Opening :D.... Thanks for all the help Cman :wub:....but if i come across another OC that gives me problems i might need help :D

P.S
Last time with coalgirls Toradora, must have been something similar to this i guess :/

Posted Image

S3idOtaku

S3idOtaku

Tsundere

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:11 PM

I really want to know how to do this, can you make a video how to? because I tried so much and nothing worked  :cry:

S3idOtaku

S3idOtaku

Tsundere

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

I reached a point where everything is correct, but the OP/ED are grey and green but the sound and sub is working fine! any fix for that?

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,434 posts
  • 256 thanks

nope, that means the video streams are encoded differently. so unless you re-encode BOTH OP/ED and the episodes you will not get a successful merger.

S3idOtaku

S3idOtaku

Tsundere

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Thank You!, Will RIP I think downloading it again without merged chapters is better than encoding all the episodes  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users