Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hints, Tips, and Tricks for Browsing/Searching AnimePassion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
  • Local time: 09:34 AM
OK guys, we need your help in compiling a list of useful Hints, Tips, and Tricks for Browsing/Searching AnimePassion. anything you do that you think would make a noob to our forums say "really i didnt know you could do that!"

for example:
  • Did you know you could hide other members signatures? you can, there is an X on the top right of there signature window that will pop up. when you hover over it with your mouse and click it will then hide that members signature. you can do this on a member by member bases if you do not like it or think it is just too long. the only catch is you can not hide an admins signature. you can also go under your user control panel and disable all signatures, even admins, if you want.
  • Did you know that there is a "View New Content" button on the top right of our forum that will only show you new content from the last time you where here? you can then sort all the new content to better suit your preferences.
  • Did you know we have a live Chat where any member can talk about whatever comes to mind? at the top left of our forum you will see 3 buttons Forums, Members, and Chat. click the Chat button to go to our live chat page. if there are any users already in chat the button on the top left will show the number of members in the chat room. you can also go down to the very bottom of the page and view the names of all the members in the chat.

and i know there are more but i just can not think of any. what i can to do is compile all your great ideas and put them into a single thread for newbies so they will not be left in the dark on all the great things this forum can offer.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I approve of this thread.

Let us know what your favorite tips and tricks are, and we'll be sure to include them in the official compendium!

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:34 PM
  • LocationUK
Also on the main page, where it says the name of the thread you want to visit click on that circle which is blue i think and that will set all the content inside to viewed. Saves unwanted things in your "view new content" Like when there is too many introduction entries.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 08:34 AM
I use the mark all as read button a lot because the forum often fails to actually acknowledge that it's been read.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
you must refresh the page before the buttons are correct, you can not simply read something then hit the back button and it be correct.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 08:34 AM

you must refresh the page before the buttons are correct, you can not simply read something then hit the back button and it be correct.

Of course I know this, being a web designer and coder... -_- What I mean is even after refreshing it often does not properly mark everything read, thus I have to always use the mark everything read.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:34 PM
  • LocationUK

Of course I know this, being a web designer and coder... -_- What I mean is even after refreshing it often does not properly mark everything read, thus I have to always use the mark everything read.

Well not everything is perfect :) *unlike me, but people are getting there just slowly.

*an obvious joke so don't take it the wrong way (Insert a "That's what your mum said" quotation here(Oh i already did :P))

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:34 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I found the select the language option and it gives me one choice! I demand more than English (USA)!

Edit: This was on the mobile version of the site

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users