Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:59 AM
  • LocationUK
So its finally happened DAO has gotten an anime movie adaption here is the trailer from FUN

Now the Japanese Trailer for us all to enjoy DAO in Japanese.

Now what i thinks will be either OP or ED track for the movie

GACKT - Until the Last Day

Will you guys be watching it either by download or buying it and will some people be encoding it. What do you think from the trailers, does anyone actually like Dragon Age Origins.

watching this film may give me the push to play DAO again. That game was awesome i spent may hours on that, and the mods for it made be keep going back to it. Unlike DA2 ¬_¬, lets hope DA3 will be much better.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

CTalon

CTalon

Shadowthrone Companion

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:59 PM
  • LocationAustralia
Seem alright, I'll definitly end up watching it when it's becomes avaliable.
DAO was good, enjoyed it myself, DA2 not so hot, I agree.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

Seem alright, I'll definitly end up watching it when it's becomes avaliable.
DAO was good, enjoyed it myself, DA2 not so hot, I agree.

what bugged the most was how long it took me to complete it. 12 hours worth of gaming to complete it all side quests too, i didn't even mind the recycled areas and the walk -through-able people in most of the interiors. Took me 2months to complete DAO. Maybe i was just better than i though at DA2 :P. But just re-watched the trailer and defiantly going to buy it in BD if i can..

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Kenzou

Kenzou

Dark Flame of Justice

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:59 PM
it looks good and has the same director/producer who did Appleseed back in 2004. I might pick it up the BD until payday.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

it looks good and has the same director/producer who did Appleseed back in 2004. I might pick it up the BD until payday.

I really enjoyed Appleseed. Double plus for me then being a fan of DA and also loving Appleseed and Appleseed EX Machina

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:59 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
The Japanese trailer is so much cooler.

Oh DA2, what a flop that was. I got sick of it and used trainer so I could rush to the end.
DAO was very good game :)

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

The Japanese trailer is so much cooler.

Oh DA2, what a flop that was. I got sick of it and used trainer so I could rush to the end.
DAO was very good game :)

Really i thought it was easy to get to the end already lol. I forced my self to enjoy it because i was the one that pre-ordered and waited until 00:01 to play it on steam.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Oh it would of been easy, but this way it was even easier! one hit kill and unlimited health makes it go very very fast

Posted Image

Kenzou

Kenzou

Dark Flame of Justice

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • 0 thanks
I thought DA2 was good but most of y'all right it wasn't great and hopefully Bioware can remedy that when they DA3.

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:59 AM
  • LocationLithuania
I haven't played "DAO". So my opinion is of no fan. Judging by the trailers I can say one thing: NO! CG animation is not for me. I don't know anything about story, but from what I saw I wasn't impressed either way. Though that one really wouldn't be the problem. But why such bad CG animation. Couldn't it have been done in "normal" style (2D or how it is called?)? It's like watching cut scenes from game. Well, when you play and see something like that it really feels O.K., but to show it as full stand alone movie... I won't download it.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

I haven't played "DAO". So my opinion is of no fan. Judging by the trailers I can say one thing: NO! CG animation is not for me. I don't know anything about story, but from what I saw I wasn't impressed either way. Though that one really wouldn't be the problem. But why such bad CG animation. Couldn't it have been done in "normal" style (2D or how it is called?)? It's like watching cut scenes from game. Well, when you play and see something like that it really feels O.K., but to show it as full stand alone movie... I won't download it.

Once again too quick to judge something by appearance, but yh the CG is a bit outdated for a 2012 movie.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:59 AM
  • LocationLithuania
Yes, I'm quick. Very quick to decided. There were that isn't needed. :lol:
Either way, as I wrote somewhere if the animation isn't suitable to me, I won't watch it. So I really didn't pay any attention to story (nor I will). And I really can't understand why to use such CG. Wouldn't it be better to use "normal" one, or is it cheaper that way? The only one with good full CG animation as I recall was "Final Fantasy. The Spirits Within" movie. Well, there was "Black Rock Shooter" with CG that I liked as well. But all other movies based on CG like "Appleseed", "Vexille" and such wasn't good (in animation department I mean). Well, that's my opinion.

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK
^Haha I remember that, was the first time i installed a mod for DA:O when i saw that i was like WTF. Also the Keep for the elven clan is voiced by Tim Russ for ST Voyager, same for Flemeth in DAO and DA II she was voiced my Kate Mulgrew Captain Kathryn Janeway.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Kenzou

Kenzou

Dark Flame of Justice

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • 0 thanks
Well I watch it and it was good but not great, Funimation did a good job on having Colleen Clinkenbread for voicing Cassandra since Colleen is known for voicing strong, authoritive female roles. The action scenes were cool and quite bloody but won't hold a candlestick to Berserk. The story was ok but it felt like more of a side story explaining about Cassandra's past. Overall, its a decent action-adventure CGI film.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
and if you had to give it numerical rating out of 10?

Posted Image

wanted45

wanted45

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 87 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Local time: 07:59 AM

and if you had to give it numerical rating out of 10?

I hardly watch anime movies but decided to watch it on a friend's recommendation. The movie was overall good, had some great action but the story was kinda straight forward. Still its a good watch. I'll give it 6.5.
Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 09:59 PM

Should be moved to the anime section.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

Wow, 3 years old... what a flash back... Old me DAI was soo much better then DA2 ;)

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users