Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Whats A Good RPG Game?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

jose408

jose408

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:45 PM
  • LocationSan Jose Ca
Im A First Person Shooter Player But I Wanna Try New Genres So Any Good RPG Games Out There?

Hark0n

Hark0n

Meitantei

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:45 PM
  • LocationLatvia
If You like FPS games, I would suggest Fallout 3, The Elder Scrolls series or STALKER.

Fallout 3 is RPG with FPS elements, lot of content and interesting future world setting.
The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion and Skyrim) are one of the best in genre (I played Oblivion more than 400h)
STALKER is considered FPS, but there is open world, you can accept missions and customize your character by changing equipment.

Currently I am playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Nothing new or special, but it has wide world and action-like fighting system (I like action games).

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:45 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Hark0n said the ones I would recommend playing first. I would also suggest the Mass Effect and Deus Ex games as well!

Once you have gained RPG experience with these games and level up, we will give you more games to play! These would include:
Final Fantasy series, Persona series, Desgaea games, Zelda games,Baldur's Gate games, ummmm Xenoblade Chronicles, Kingdom Hearts, many of the Tales of (insert title) games...

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:45 PM

Im A First Person Shooter Player But I Wanna Try New Genres So Any Good RPG Games Out There?

http://en.wikipedia....28video_game%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_II http://en.wikipedia....ht_of_the_Raven

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_3

http://en.wikipedia...._2:_Dark_Waters

http://en.wikipedia....Divine_Divinity

http://en.wikipedia....Beyond_Divinity

http://en.wikipedia....gon_Knight_Saga

http://en.wikipedia....i/Two_Worlds_II

Currently I am playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Nothing new or special

You best be joking with that, there's a good reason that after only one game the Kingdoms of Amalur name has gained a worth of 20 million.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 03:45 PM
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Mass Effect (all of them!) - this is a really good entry point for you, since they have shooter elements, Knights of the Old Republic (PC), Jade Empire (PC), Lost Odyssey (X360), Tales of Vesperia (X360), The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (old, but amazing), Fallout 3 is decent, Baldur's Gate I & II... there are a lot of really good ones out there. :P

Posted Image

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:45 AM
You should definitely try Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) if you like anime style graphics. Nice story, fun gameplay, artsy visuals. My most favorite RPG on the PS3.

Hark0n

Hark0n

Meitantei

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:45 PM
  • LocationLatvia

You best be joking with that, there's a good reason that after only one game the Kingdoms of Amalur name has gained a worth of 20 million.

Looks like You misunderstood me. I meant, that Kingdoms of Amalur, hasn't introduced ground-braking improvements and is a bit predictable. Nevertheless, game combines a lot of great ideas from many sources and has a nice fighting system ( sometimes camera gets in the way of enjoying battles ). I would give it 8 or 9 out of 10.

@jose408
Could You tell, what gaming systems do You have?

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
You know, I would play Kingdoms of Amalur (I thought about it for a long time), but the sheer volume of content kinda scares me away. That, and I'm busy dumping all my free time into Diablo III and anime. :P

Posted Image

jose408

jose408

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationSan Jose Ca
Yeah I heard Alot of good things about Diablo III

Looks like You misunderstood me. I meant, that Kingdoms of Amalur, hasn't introduced ground-braking improvements and is a bit predictable. Nevertheless, game combines a lot of great ideas from many sources and has a nice fighting system ( sometimes camera gets in the way of enjoying battles ). I would give it 8 or 9 out of 10.

@jose408
Could You tell, what gaming systems do You have?

I Have PS3 a WII and a PSVita

jose408

jose408

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationSan Jose Ca
Ive heard alot of good reviews of Diablo III but Desktop is an antique an my lap top is for skool only.
So I just use PS3, WII and my PS Vita.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Ive heard alot of good reviews of Diablo III but Desktop is an antique an my lap top is for skool only.

Diablo III is amazing, but it's less an RPG than it is a hack 'n slash Action and Adventure-type game.

I would give the Mass Effect series a try were I you, but you don't seem to have an Xbox 360 - and so you'd miss out on the first game. Bioware did a mini cartoon recap when they ported Mass Effect 2 to the PS3, but I've heard it's pretty bad.

As EroPenguin mentioned, Valkyria Chronicles is very fun, but it's a strategy game with RPG and anime elements.

I think you should check out Morrowind, because it should be able to run on most any PC due to its dated system requirements. It's a great game - and there are a ton of incredible mods for it out there. It's by far my favorite Elder Scrolls game.

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
WII has lots of JRPGs I have never played but always wanted to!

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

Oh so you don't even have a computer, you should have mentioned that from the get go, you mentioned you played FPS so I assumed you were a PC gamer.

WII has lots of JRPGs I have never played but always wanted to!

Xenoblade Chronicles is a nice game, the problem is that the story doesn't keep up with the rest of the game in terms of epicness, there is also the fact that the game requires ALOT of grinding even more than your average JRPG.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,197 posts
  • 71 thanks
Top 5 Best jRPG's of All Time:
Shadow Hearts - PS2
The Legend of Dragoon - PS1
Final Fantasy IV - SNES/GBA/DS/PS1
Grandia II - DC/PS2
XenoSaga - PS2

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Or the list could look like this...

Top 5 Best jRPG's of All Time:
Final Fantasy VII - PS1
Final Fantasy VIII - PS1
Final Fantasy IX - PS1
Final Fantasy X - PS2
Final Fantasy XII - PS2

FF---------Me
:whip: :help:

Posted Image

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
You people are forgetting Chrono Trigger, which beats any Final Fantasy :P

Posted Image

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • Local time: 02:45 PM
  • LocationUSA, IL
Greatest RPG's of all time

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Hands down greatest RPG's of all time

Once I get my new laptop. I plan on installing Oblivion and Morrowind. There is a mod to combine the two worlds. The mod is called Morroblivion. After that I'm gonna install Skyrim. And use mods and have a ton of fun.

Good Console Rpg's

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

New vegas is boring at first, but if you keep playing it, it becomes just as good as fallout 3.

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationUSA, IL
O ya I can't forget the MAC DADDY OF THEM ALL

POKEMON

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hark0n said the ones I would recommend playing first. I would also suggest the Mass Effect and Deus Ex games as well!

Once you have gained RPG experience with these games and level up, we will give you more games to play! These would include:
Final Fantasy series, Persona series, Desgaea games, Zelda games,Baldur's Gate games, ummmm Xenoblade Chronicles, Kingdom Hearts, many of the Tales of (insert title) games...

You stole all of my recommendations! XD

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

You stole all of my recommendations! XD

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

O ya I can't forget the MAC DADDY OF THEM ALL

POKEMON

How could any of us forget! But we will not tell them how to get Mewtwo if the play Pokemon Red or Blue!

You people are forgetting Chrono Trigger, which beats any Final Fantasy :P

Oh that certainly is a great game, but beating FF games, I think not.

I think the OP has the best RPG games they could play from this thread.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users