Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IRC

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Icefyre

Icefyre

Tsundere

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:14 AM
Hey guys just wanted to know if someone could explain how to use IRC to me like what I need and stuff like that. If there's a tutorial around that I've been to blind or stupid to see that'd be sweet too. Mostly cos I saw that Lightningblade has started only using IRC so I figured I should prob learn lol.
Anyways any help would be seriously appreciated, thanks.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:14 PM
  • LocationUK

Hey guys just wanted to know if someone could explain how to use IRC to me like what I need and stuff like that. If there's a tutorial around that I've been to blind or stupid to see that'd be sweet too. Mostly cos I saw that Lightningblade has started only using IRC so I figured I should prob learn lol.
Anyways any help would be seriously appreciated, thanks.

http://www.animepass...rent-xdcc-help/

Also stuff about torrents too lol.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 02:14 PM
http://forums.kamets...ead.php?t=33512

^ Tutorials about IRC.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

jelle737

jelle737

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:14 PM
  • LocationBelgium
Koby's tutorial doesn't exist. I wanted to know also how this works but I don't have a clue, tried mIRC software (as it has the irc in it) but it doesn't connect to the channel I want (it says the channel does not exist)

3224737002.pngjelle737.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:14 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Koby's tutorial doesn't exist. I wanted to know also how this works but I don't have a clue, tried mIRC software (as it has the irc in it) but it doesn't connect to the channel I want (it says the channel does not exist)

Yeah, it comes up as a 404 error!

Posted Image

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 09:14 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
try http://forums.kamets...-index-for-irc/ instead. that is the index for the irc tuts, from installing clients on multiple operating systems to xdcc downloading.

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:14 PM
  • LocationUnited States
^ Thats the one i used :D Basic stuff, but its all that needed to start ;)

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 02:14 PM

Yeah, it comes up as a 404 error!

try http://forums.kamets...-index-for-irc/ instead. that is the index for the irc tuts, from installing clients on multiple operating systems to xdcc downloading.

Yeah the conversion from vB to IPB made the urls change due to the different naming scheme. JohnFlower posted the new link.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States

I'm aware this thread is very much dead, however i have a question concerning XDCC VIA IRC so instead of making a new thread i figured i'd use this one...so my question...

Is there a way to batch download files when the "XDCC batch" command is not supported by the bot?

Im about to start downloading Dragon Ball Z from Anime-Supreme, but the bot doesn't support the XDCC Batch command... I don't want to have to use XDCC Send for all 291 episodes, but if that's the only option then so be it...

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 03:14 PM
  • LocationMichigan, USA

I'm aware this thread is very much dead, however i have a question concerning XDCC VIA IRC so instead of making a new thread i figured i'd use this one...so my question...

Is there a way to batch download files when the "XDCC batch" command is not supported by the bot?

Im about to start downloading Dragon Ball Z from Anime-Supreme, but the bot doesn't support the XDCC Batch command... I don't want to have to use XDCC Send for all 291 episodes, but if that's the only option then so be it...

Not as far as I know. You could write a script in AutoIt or a similar language if you want to automate it, though.

Posted Image

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 09:14 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
So the bot doesn't queue files at all? In that case, I would respect the owners wishes and download the files manually... There must be a reason for having a setup like that.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:14 PM
  • LocationUK

Not as far as I know. You could write a script in AutoIt or a similar language if you want to automate it, though.

Yh. Could you see him sitting down an learning how to write a script, when doesnt want to do copy and paste 291 times :P. Saying that I wouldn't know who to start a script like that, then again i only know very very basic scripting.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnited States

Yh. Could you see him sitting down an learning how to write a script, when doesnt want to do copy and paste 291 times :P. Saying that I wouldn't know who to start a script like that, then again i only know very very basic scripting.

I'm actually planning to copy paste...

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:14 AM
  • LocationAustralia

I remember some posting about a IRC program that lets you automate the downloads off XDCC bots on here. But just do what John said and respect the owner's wishes, I would download it manually myself as well.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users