Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help with SLI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:04 PM
  • LocationUK
So i have now joined the SLI club and with any new person i have no idea what i am doing. I originally thought that SLI was plug and play, not in my world lol.

My problem is that i only get 30FPS on Diablo 3 that's with SLI.

Also is SLI plug and play or do i have to do something more. I have the latest Beta Drivers from Nvidia.

24FPS on RIFT too. Good i need help, is it supposed to be this hard or am i just stupid. A friend says that it may be my Bios that needs to be the same one is on

70.24.2e.00.02
and the other

If it is i need to know how to upgrade to the latest version.. First i need to know how to check what the latest version is.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 10:04 AM
you might have to re-install the latest drivers after the install to make sure the drivers know they are both there. you might also have to go into the nvidia control panel and check your sli settings, it might just not be enabled. also make sure that you have installed the SLI bridge that goes between the 2 cards.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • Local time: 04:04 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
Bios doesn't matter, but reinstalling the drivers might do the trick (go the advanced route, and do a clean install). The way to see if sli is working, is to enable the overlay.
Also, might be obvious, but reboot your pc.

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
If you want to make sure your SLI is working, just run 3dmark vantage or 3dmark11 each with SLI and without.
I scored about 70% higher there with my 9600GT's in SLI so it seemed to be working fine.

That said I've noticed no improvements at all in some MMO's that I play/have played, like WoW, Aion (Crytek engine) and Tera (Unreal engine 3).

You'll be better off getting a better CPU or a better single gfx card than going for SLI if you want to increase your fps in MMO's. Reason for this is because these games have a very dynamic gameplay: there is never a static amount of characters on your screen and effects used from skills are very random. SLI won't help with these things since the cards don't become any faster at loading textures (the outfits the characters are wearing) and such.

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
also some games just flat out do not support SLI, keep this in mind too. that is the main reason i will always just upgrade to the latest X70 model as this will guarantee performance gains.

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
No help for SLI, but noticed that you play Rift. Just got back into it lately. Testing it with my new ATI HD 6970: only get around 30 FPS on ultra settings, and lower in the main city. I was expecting more.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK
I don't really play MMO's. The only reason i have Rift installed is because of the free up to lvl 20 thing. I got SLI for off-line games E.g. Skyrim, Crysis and such. But I already have reinstalled the Drivers with a clean install. I obviously have installed the SLI adapter :).

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
then make sure it is enabled in your nvidia control panel, if it says it is enabled there than it is working.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

then make sure it is enabled in your nvidia control panel, if it says it is enabled there than it is working.

Was reading up on the forums for D3 and it seems that almost everyone is having that problem. Its fine anyway it was only a guest pass. it works on Crysis 2 :)

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:04 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

also some games just flat out do not support SLI, keep this in mind too. that is the main reason i will always just upgrade to the latest X70 model as this will guarantee performance gains.

or x80 :P

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK
Taken from my status.
ME
Someone tell me why am only getting 10FPS on Skyrim when i should be getting 60FPS
John Flower
What driver version are you using? I myself had problems with 275.33 (had to use this because my other card would just TDR). The FPS would be fine, then the card would just stop, but I could still play the game. Really weird problem, but fps dropped down to about 20.
Anyways, i suggest not using the betas, and only using whql.
Cman21
something is wrong...
Animefan93
i think am going to revert back to the last stable build for the drivers see if that changes anything.
But i get full 60fps with it dropping to 52 occasionally on Crysis 2 with the HD and DX11 packs
JohnFlower
You're using sli for this right? Have you checked with the meter overlay thing? Also, disable sli and try.
Animefan93
Yep with SLI so with the latest stable drivers its 36FPS and with the meter thing its all the way to the top.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Blizzard games rarely - if ever - inherently support SLI. Nvidia only added Starcraft 2 SLI support in the latest beta drivers, and Diablo III likely won't have support for a while.

The first thing you should do before you try playing a game with SLI is check this list: http://sli.nvidia.co...zone2_game.html

If your game isn't on there, you're going to have a hard time getting things to work smoothly. That said, new profiles are added every once in a while, and only official driver profiles are on the list (i.e. new beta profiles aren't represented there).

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

Blizzard games rarely - if ever - inherently support SLI. Nvidia only added Starcraft 2 SLI support in the latest beta drivers, and Diablo III likely won't have support for a while.

The first thing you should do before you try playing a game with SLI is check this list: http://sli.nvidia.co...zone2_game.html

If your game isn't on there, you're going to have a hard time getting things to work smoothly. That said, new profiles are added every once in a while, and only official driver profiles are on the list (i.e. new beta profiles aren't represented there).

Okay i dropped D3, didn't like the game.

Seeing as Skyrim and Crysis 2 is not on there how would i get it to run smooth with SLI.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users