Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How is your Internet?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

CaveJohnson

CaveJohnson

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:59 PM

Posted Image

My horrid internet. 160gb datacap (that's the highest my ISP currently allows, without paying $2 per gigabyte over your data cap).
The so called VDSL2+ has been "coming soon" for about 2 years now, still no sign in improvements. All I want is better upload speeds...

Even so. If you do pay $2 per gigabyte you wont experience any change in speed what so ever, And we'll be prunes by the time VDLS2+ gets to our doors.

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:59 AM
  • LocationUK
Zach my DAD pays about £30 a month that's Internet and calls. Am pretty impressed with my connection TBH thought someone would be faster.

Also Cman the upgrade i want is not going to happen :(.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

EBXXIV

EBXXIV

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:59 PM
Posted Image

australia D:
only good thing is unlimited downloads for $80AUD

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:59 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I am with TPG EBXXIV, it is $60AUD a month for unlimited ADSL2+. A friend on mine has download speeds of about 2.3-2.3Mb/s with it.

Ohh wait you use Comsen, perhaps your living arrangements prevent a normal line service...

It looks like Australia really does need to catch up, all our cable services have a download limit and can get expensive. The best you can do is 1Tb a month for around $120+ if memory services me right. :(

Posted Image

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand

It looks like Australia really does need to catch up, all our cable services have a download limit and can get expensive. The best you can do is 1Tb a month for around $120+ if memory services me right. :(

What? Try living with New Zealand internet mate. I pay 145NZD a month for a 160gb plan with sub 20mbps speeds.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
That is even worse! How much do you think you would download a month if you had no limit?

Posted Image

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
A month, I normally download 250gb+. Once you go over the 160gb, they will slow your speeds down to dialup (64kpbs). But I've found a lil glitch in their system that allows me to keep downloading, but only at the end of the billing month, and only for about a day.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:59 PM
  • LocationAustralia

This is what I am currently using to access the internet... from work. Hahahaha so it is not mine. :(

Posted Image

What are everyone elses connections like, download/upload limits, how much they like there ISPs, if you are happy with the price, and what ever else!

ZOMG BIGPOND!! I hate that shit LOL they usually rip people off but damn I wish I had optic fibre cables here in Perth. Well the sad truth is that I'm with bigpond, get 500GB and download speeds with my Wifi is about 1.6MB/s max but that's assuming wifi signals are good. Also with Vividwireless, get 15GB but it's 4G and it's shit LOL

Will post my speed results once I stop downloading.

Posted Image

EBXXIV

EBXXIV

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
im sharing a house with 3 other heavy downloaders and we live next to a university - all the tpg ports have been taken D:
not too bad tbh, we play games during the day and when everyone sleeps we download.
600GB+ per month average downloaded lol, for how much we pay id say its worth it

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

ZOMG BIGPOND!! I hate that shit LOL they usually rip people off but damn I wish I had optic fibre cables here in Perth. Well the sad truth is that I'm with bigpond, get 500GB and download speeds with my Wifi is about 1.6MB/s max but that's assuming wifi signals are good. Also with Vividwireless, get 15GB but it's 4G and it's shit LOL

Will post my speed results once I stop downloading.

I work for Telstra so it makes sense for them to be using their own connection!

im sharing a house with 3 other heavy downloaders and we live next to a university - all the tpg ports have been taken D:
not too bad tbh, we play games during the day and when everyone sleeps we download.
600GB+ per month average downloaded lol, for how much we pay id say its worth it

What uni you live near?

Posted Image

EBXXIV

EBXXIV

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
monash clayton, we are former students and members of the anime club there. we all have been on the committee at some time, i was the librarian XD

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

monash clayton, we are former students and members of the anime club there. we all have been on the committee at some time, i was the librarian XD

Clayton is my Last name ¬_¬.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

:O :O :O

I might met you in RL. I am think of doing a Masters in Asian Studies there next year :P And if there is an anime club, so joining it!

Posted Image

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 06:59 AM
This is my home internet speed:

Posted Image

I am very happy with BT but I am pretty sure that there cap the internet speed intill after 12pm.

I have always wondered if getting a new router will make my ping/speed better, like getting a router with a built in modem. As I'm sure the the home hub router I currently have is rubbish.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

This is my home internet speed:

Posted Image

I am very happy with BT but I am pretty sure that there cap the internet speed intill after 12pm.

I have always wondered if getting a new router will make my ping/speed better, like getting a router with a built in modem. As I'm sure the the home hub router I currently have is rubbish.

I think it wouldn't hurt to upgrade your modem and router to something better than the BT standard. Also i don't think they do cap there internet speed for fiber optic, but they do cap P2P DL until after 12, so if your using it to play games and such then you get the full throughput you should get (what my dad said anyway maybe different for a home package).

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Maidenhead makes me thing of a certain area on women with a dense collection of nerves...

Does anyone who lives in apartments notice that their speed changes during the day because of the buildings bandwidth being used up?

Posted Image

Skate101

Skate101

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 65 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:29 PM
  • LocationIndia
Posted Image

Well this is my super-duper awesome internet speed ... Jealous yet B) ?? ... although it gets to around 1.5Mb after 10PM :ball: ...
"Anime is my anti-drug. Because when you're addicted to anime, how can you possibly afford drugs?".....
Ginta Toramizu

M.A.L

Posted Image

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
Posted Image
<3 fiber, such low latency.

Upload is supposed to be at least 25Mbps, so I'll definitely be filing some complaints soon. But I only just got my fiber set up a few days ago and am not even paying for it yet, so I guess I'll give them a bit more time. :P
Will probably be upgrading the fiber to 50Mbps soon if the speeds become as they advertise. :)

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
It could be due to your distance from a DSLAM or the house wiring. That are the major drawbacks with many connections here.

Posted Image

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks

It could be due to your distance from a DSLAM or the house wiring. That are the major drawbacks with many connections here.

I have fiber-to-the-home. There is no DSLAM involved. Also the house wiring was tested thoroughly by myself. :P
My speed is lower than advertised only because either my ISP is capping me on purpose (most probably by some mistake) or their backbone is lacking.
Fiber can go at at least 1Tbps last time I checked :)
That's of course since the hardware we use to receive/send light signals are still too slow. Fiber could theoretically be way... wayyyyyy faster still.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users