Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Obama supports same-sex marriage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:51 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

The reason Obama was elected is because 99% of blacks in America voted for Obama also most mexicans and asians voted for him too but the majority of whites did not vote for him.

references?

Posted Image

Kiseki-kun

Kiseki-kun

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:51 PM
though i do support gay rights, i'm wondering about the hate about bringing forth the topic

yes, i do agree that it would bring much heated debate but looking at the forums, it's not really active regardless. so despite people's asking of the thread to be locked, it seems unnecessary considering lack of spark/aggression.

so there's two ways of looking about this: most within these forums don't really care so passionately of the subject - understandable, there's more important things in an anime forum than realities (this is not sarcasm, anime can be delved upon greatly and incorporate fun discussions on its own) - or as an up and coming forum (it's relatively new, right?) activity hasn't met the requirements for such feared debates or rather there are a less amount of aggressive users - that being said, i enjoy the passive atmosphere

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:51 PM

references?

Google.

33% of whites voted for Obama, 99% (or was it 98%?) of blacks voted for Obama, 76% of asians voted for Obama, 68% of latinos voted for Obama.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 10:51 PM
^ I think he wanted more academic links, then just Google.

According to here:

http://dalje.com/en-...or-obama/200281

its 95% of African Americans voted for him.

According to here:

http://articles.cnn....?_s=PM:POLITICS

its 96% of blacks and 63% of Asians voted for him.

Anyway it seems like the tropical variant of humans like him.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

mercer1028

mercer1028

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Google.

33% of whites voted for Obama, 99% (or was it 98%?) of blacks voted for Obama, 76% of asians voted for Obama, 68% of latinos voted for Obama.

Yes proportionately there's a disparity. But considering that the white population makes up 2/3 of the overal population where as Blacks make up 9%, Aasians make up 11%, and Lationos, almost 25%, I wouldn't be surprised that nominally, more whites voted for Obama. Honestly, I don't see how any of this is relevant, though.

I disagree with homosexual marriage. Hell, I disagree with heterosexual marriage. The United States adopting a religious ritual as a means to legally unite two people is a violation of the Separation of Church and State clause. My solution is to simply remove the term, "marriage," from the legal process. If anyone wishes to get "married" they can do so in a non-legally binding religious setting at their own leisure. However if you want your union to be legal, gay or straight, then it must be civil not religious.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I though marriage is already civil, not religous. To get married, two consenting adults just have to sign the contract and have it processed. Need to do nothing more, have nothing more. Purely legal... this even lacks any civil dimensions! Though i guess it depends on your jurisdiction what the requirements are.

Is there much difference with marrital law cross-states in the US?

Oh the concept of marriage predates any reliable recorded history, is seen cross-culturally and is not always religous in origin. marraige is just the word used to refer to a union between spouses to form or merge kinship (in a nutshell). Beyond this, you can add what ever you want to its meaning.

Posted Image

mercer1028

mercer1028

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

I though marriage is already civil, not religous. To get married, two consenting adults just have to sign the contract and have it processed. Need to do nothing more, have nothing more. Purely legal... this even lacks any civil dimensions! Though i guess it depends on your jurisdiction what the requirements are.

Is there much difference with marrital law cross-states in the US?

Oh the concept of marriage predates any reliable recorded history, is seen cross-culturally and is not always religous in origin. marraige is just the word used to refer to a union between spouses to form or merge kinship (in a nutshell). Beyond this, you can add what ever you want to its meaning.

Actually, the term marriage orriginates from the old (and still current) french word, marrier, which meant to form a union under God--this point is crucial. Even though the process of merging kinship, as you put it, has been around since forever, the term marriage described a ceremony establishing a contact under Christian law. When the United States decided to adopt this term into the legal process, they inadvertently assumed the religious significance of the term. It's funny how a small matter of nomenclature has caused this fiasco. That's why the simplest solution is to equalize and refer to all legal unions as civil unions, and relinquish the term to the Christians. What are the Christians going to say, then? "Civil Unions are between a man and a woman?"

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I am pretty sure that can be then followed into latin... The etymology of word is ignored when it comes to defining it in a contemporary legal context. Well it should be, because of the seperation of State and Church. However people attach their own meaning to it as they see fit. I agree that just removing the term 'marriage' would solve the problem, however it is not going to happen due to the cultural signifcance of the worrd. Although the signficance exists because of the religous use of the word, it is has evolved (for most people) beyond a commitment to a union under God, to being just a commitment to the union as I defined earlier. Though, perhaps people will grow tired of the old world term and just call it a civil union rather than marriage, becuase it is trendy or social convention has changed or whatever, and then we would see marriage gone from the legal sphere.

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

Yes proportionately there's a disparity. But considering that the white population makes up 2/3 of the overal population where as Blacks make up 9%, Aasians make up 11%, and Lationos, almost 25%, I wouldn't be surprised that nominally, more whites voted for Obama.

Majority of whites voted for McCain, not Obama, as 55% of whites voted for McCain.

mercer1028

mercer1028

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Majority of whites voted for McCain, not Obama, as 55% of whites voted for McCain.

Again, how is any of this relevant?

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

Again, how is any of this relevant?

It is relevant to the topic at hand because it is ultimately all about Obama's re-election.

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
I feel so sorry for you baldur with your lack of a conscience. On this topic I'm afraid nobody really cares about the biased opinion of a racist asshole like yourself. :(
Do tell me what does black or white have to do with anything? People are people, and idiots are idiots, from which you are among the latter I suppose. If you're so stuck on your white pride maybe you should stop putting the rest of us whites to shame by making us look like pathetic little racists. <_<

Personally I couldn't care less whether people marry others of their own gender or even a fictional character. Let them do as they like, it doesn't concern anyone else.

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Although I agree with you pinny. It best not get so angry, could be a troll you are feeding.

However, why it is a fools argument:

Human variation in skin colour is determined by the presence of melanin in the skin (removed from factors such as a tan, staining, build of blood in capillaries under skin, skin conditions). This is determined by a few genes ( or mutation to those genes), which have no other function or impact on a human.

Further, it is very common to find more genetic difference between populations with the same skin colour then those with different skin colour. Therefore, excluding relatives, a person such as myself with blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin is just as likely to find more genetic similarity with someone with brown hair, brown eyes and brown skin, then someone with the same physical appearance (or phenotypes :P) as I.

Anyway, it does not matter if less white people voted for Obama. He got in because the MAJORITY of AMERICANS choose it to be so. I guess you could ignore some of the founding principles of USA such as democracy...

Totally remembered undergrad assignment (unproof read)! How time flies...

Spoiler

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

On this topic I'm afraid nobody really cares about the biased opinion of a racist asshole like yourself. :(

Lol bugger off, I don't thrown insults around and besides you may live in lalaland but the reality is that when someone wants to be elected, they have to take unto account the demographics, which demographics are likely to support them and from there target the demographics they will choose to appeal to, that's the reality of things. Four years ago Obama chose to target the non-white demographics of America, that's what got him elected.

But usually when aiming to get re-elected you are expected to get less votes than you did in your first run, that's where the same-sex marriage supports come in, to fill up for the electers who voted for him the first time around but won't vote for him the second time by appealing to a new targeted demographic (homosexuals, lesbians and such). However targeting too many demographics may not automatically play completly in your favor:

Obama is leaning on the Black vote to win a second term as the Commander-in-Chief but this recent announcement may have angered some Black Christians.

http://praise1027det...r-gay-marriage/

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I'm white, and I voted for Obama. I plan to do so again.

For me, skin color doesn't even begin to come into the equation.

Keep the flaming and any racism to a minimum, please - keep this discussion civil.

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

...when someone wants to be elected, they have to take unto account the demographics, which demographics are likely to support them and from there target the demographics they will choose to appeal to, that's the reality of things. Four years ago Obama chose to target the non-white demographics of America, that's what got him elected.

It is true. You do not enter race to try and not get votes.

With this election, his strategists are all:

"OMG people are totally digging equality right now, constitutional is hot this season"
"Yeah, you see how many people approve of homosexual marriage?"
"A-ha. Wait! BEST IDEA EVER! If Obama supports what the voters want, then they will totally vote for him again!!"
"Oh you are such a genius! Because it is a Democratic society, it makes sense to have policy which reflects the majority!"
" I know right!"
"Now what other things can we change in this country to make it a better place, so the majority is happy..."

Edit: a common reference to suggest the support for homosexual marriage is the CNN poll, i think from last year sometime. It showed a slight majority, only very slight. Yet I am sure the strategists know that the polls under represent many demographics, such as younger voters. Then realise from other studies that these under represented groups are the most prominent supports of homosexual marriage.

Sadly, they are often the least likely to vote...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users