Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Obama supports same-sex marriage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Neutron_Collapse

Neutron_Collapse

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:53 PM
  • LocationCanada
http://gma.yahoo.com...x-marriage.html

*PS uhhh, can someone post a link to where I can use the bbcode specific to this type of forum? Thank you!*

*********I'd like to keep this discussion civil as possible. Thank you.**********

In this past week, President Obama has come out in support for same-sex marriage in saying that gay couples should be able to marry. From my perspective, I think it is about damn time. I live in Canada where same-sex marriage has been fully legal since 2005 and several other countries have also legalized it as well, with the Netherlands being the first in 2000 and Argentina in 2011 being the most recent.

My personal view on this is: It isn't my business with what consenting adults do in their bedroom nor who they marry. . I also support their right to marry. That has been my stance for several years now. In the past, I never really had a stance on it while in my earlier days in highschool and I never knew it really existed while attending private school. Even in the years while I used to consider myself a Christian (the Roman Catholic flavour, now an Atheist), I was never against it even though teachers from my private school and priests in the Church say its a "sin" because the Bible says so and what not.

But now, I do support their right to marry, doesn't matter what sexual orientation they are. If you love your partner, you care for them, you are compassionate; go for it! It isn't my place to stop that nor isn't anyone else or any institution or organization (religious or otherwise).

So, I'd like to take a pulse on this issue in this forum. What do you guys think? And please remember to keep the discussion civil. I am very well aware that social issues like same-sex marriage, abortion, etc are heavy topics to discuss and flames can arrise but I think many of here are mature enough to handle this sort of discussion. But I think it is an important topic to discuss and to think about.
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:53 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I am pro this! Pity Australia does not have it legal yet. Now that we have established that I think it is not wrong, let us ignore morality and look at the facts!!!

((((((I will only provide sparing references per point as a starting point for more research if you want, screw putting in the effort for something that get me no marks and I am sure most of you already have a basic understanding of this data and do not care to read too heavily. But just in case people argue against these facts without peer reviewed, published and legitimate references, I will include them!))))))

There is no real-world harm (in terms of health) done by having male/male, female/female then there is in any other female/male. This is to say, that the stigma of them being, unclean, dirty, unhealthy is a myth. There is a higher tendency for HIV, but interestingly enough, gay couples are have more healthcare access; checkups, insurance, health conscious, and have overall less health related issues, then straight couples while lesbian couples are the opposite. Can find this all here: Heck, J., Sell, R., and Gorin, S. (2006). Health Care Access Among Individuals Involved in Same-Sex Relationships. American Journal of Public Health; 96(6): 1111-1118.

Looking at the concept of 'health' a bit more broadly, it is obvious that social relationships can have an effect on well-being and health ( this article is interesting read, though does not cover homosexuality directly). You can have good and bad relationships (parents friends lovers work people etc etc, any social relationship has an impact). There is some negative stigma surrounding homosexual couples and the 'health' of their relationships. In fact, it no different from any other relationship. Even as back as the 70s (maybe 60s as well) the consensus of research demonstrates that everything homosexual is a normal and positive variation of human sexuality. Also evidence indicates that homosexuality is is all good in terms of social adjustment, well-being, and normal mental health. Please read this and this for evidence and more details.

"Won't someone please think of the children?!?!"
By far the most damaging aspect to a child's development is caused by discrimination because of their parents homosexual lovingness (aka their relationship to spell out my bizarre made up jargon). Sexual orientation has no effect on child abuse rates, or the production of dysfunctional children; turn to crime, drugs other social concerns. Their kids are just as likely to succeed or fail as much as the next person from the same demographic. So much info on this. So you can have all the articles! (5 is enough!)

Similar topic...WTF is with people thinking gays are more likely to be a pedophile? Fear mongering much. Anyway
Read this and this.

From a biological perspective, you can see how homosexual couples do not really work out, until you note that they can still have kids (surrogacy, adoption and the like). Not to mention all the gay sex in the animal kingdom. i.e two male dolphins rubbing dicks because it feels nice. Do read Bagemihl, B. (1999). Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity, St. Martin's Press; pages. 339-348 - "Marine mammals:Dolphins and Whales" if you don't believe me. It also mentioned that it is often group gay sex. Also in this article.

Actually just look it up on wikipedia, I am sure most of you do not care to read through these very funny but great academic articles.

Ignoring the facts, I personally feel we have no right to judge someone based on who they love and who they want to spend their life with (assuming consent etc).

Quickly, the bible is a pretty good but sadly abused, misinterpted and out of date book. Leviticus is often used to condemn homosexuals but really it isis all about condemning men who lay with men as with women. You read this and be all "wait!" and think "How many gay men lay with women as well?" then realise "OMG only being Bisexual is a sin!!" The truth is revealed.

Also the biblical story of David and Jonathan seems pretty gay to me...

Of course if you use the KJV you get a different picture to everything ever, but that version is so edited it is like if you took the dictionary and did this:

friend  - noun. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

and changed it to this:

friend  - noun. feelings of affection or personal regard.

Posted Image

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 985 thanks
  • Local time: 11:53 PM
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia
Can we lock this before the forum blows up?

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:53 AM
  • LocationUK
Meh as long as i have a good internet connection some anime to watch and food on the table i don't care what people other than me do.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • Local time: 12:53 AM
  • LocationUSA, IL
All that fuck wants is votes, so he can stay in office 4 more years. Thats the only reason why he is supporting gay marriage. I'm a fan of Ron Paul, but unfortunately I do not think he is popular enough to win the election.

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Isn't that what every one in the race is doing?

Posted Image

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • Local time: 12:53 AM
  • LocationUSA, IL
Probably. I'm not a fan of politics. But I see Ron Paul in a different way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:53 PM

two male dolphins rubbing dicks because it feels nice

I lol'd

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:53 AM
I'm one of those that don't care either way. I mean, of all agendas to be concentrating on this upcoming election, hate for this subject to be what some focus on, when the president doesn't have the power to make it happen, other than not vetoing it. It's who we put in Congress, and I just don't see them passing such legislation when they are so divided on this subject. And as for now, it's the states that decide if same sex marriage is legal or not. Some states already do. Pushing federal enforcement on all states on either side would be like making another amendment in the Constitution. Not going to happen soon when the people are still divided on this.

ps. it will happen in time, as the old conservatives die off.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
Obama was against it and did nothing to support it during his stay in office the past 4 years. Now that it's almost Election time again he's saying whatever it takes to get votes. -_-

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • Local time: 02:53 AM
  • LocationU.S.A

All that fuck wants is votes, so he can stay in office 4 more years. Thats the only reason why he is supporting gay marriage. I'm a fan of Ron Paul, but unfortunately I do not think he is popular enough to win the election.

this is normal,they always do this to get votes

Isn't that what every one in the race is doing?

hell no,republicans are so up tight about things,most are for the rich and really hard core chruch people

Obama was against it and did nothing to support it during his stay in office the past 4 years. Now that it's almost Election time again he's saying whatever it takes to get votes. -_-

yeah,this is true,but honestly i wouldnt mind seeing obama back in office cuz the republican leader runner (cant remember his name) is born from a rich family and is known for taking over companies and just destory them like laying alot of people offf.he will be a big supporter of the rich and will let them do what every they want.he is part of the upper 1% of the country.congress is so corrupted now that we dont need anymore like them in office.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
So republicans are not chasing votes as they get them by default from the rich and religious?

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
Obama is black and gay like this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274518/

Vote for Mitt Romney.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
But Romney is white and not gay. I could never vote for such a monster!

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
Okay, if you are white and not gay vote for Mitt Romney!

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
What do you do if you are Black and not gay or white and gay??!?!?!?! *Mind explodes

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
If you ask me, people can marry whomever they want, regardless of gender, beliefs, cultural background, etc.

Even if this is just an attempt to grab more votes, I definitely support Obama's outlook over, say, Mitt Romney's. I fully plan to vote for Obama.

Posted Image

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 06:53 AM
I'm not American so I don't care but I think there's no way a black President will be elected twice, from the Americans I have talked to people sound like there really hate Obama, too be honest I'm surprised he has not been assassinated. As for this gay shit, like other people have said hes only doing it to get votes he does not care about the lesbian/gay/trans community hes only doing it so that gay people will vote for him. Also as none of us know Obama on a personal level he may even hate gays and just being told what to say by his advisers to get votes.

Also as Forge says just lock this thread, all it going to do is make mass arguments. None of us care about gay rights here, go shot your attention seeking shit on other gay forums, all we care about here is anime and other geekish shit.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

I'm not American so I don't care but I think there's no way a black President will be elected twice, from the Americans I have talked to people sound like there really hate Obama,

The reason Obama was elected is because 99% of blacks in America voted for Obama also most mexicans and asians voted for him too but the majority of whites did not vote for him.

What do you do if you are Black and not gay or white and gay??!?!?!?! *Mind explodes

Blacks who are not gay will vote for Obama, whites who are gay will vote for Obama.

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:53 AM
  • LocationLithuania
I don't care myself. It does not concern me. I'm not in US. And if I were I wouldn't care either way. As long as it does not effect my life directly same sex marriage is O.K. And how it could effect me directly? In no way. That's that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users