Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thanks button

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

bliger7gz

bliger7gz

Zoid Pilot

• Inactive Member
  • Pip
  • 199 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:43 AM
Just a quick question.
I was going through some of the topics and I noticed that under each of the usernames it displays the number of post each user has made but under that it also includes a "thanks" count.
I don't remember seeing this in the old site. Was it there before or is it something new for the revival of the site?

I don't know if I'm wrong but it seems this button only applies to post made on the Downloads section.
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:43 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
The thanks button is in the downloads esction only. So you can thank the encoders for their hard work, if you so choose to download a release!

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 12:43 AM
Does the new thanks system mean we should no longer 'post' our thanks and use it instead or are we still allowed to post proper thanks?

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:43 AM
  • LocationUK
Why not do both?? :D

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
the thanks will be used to hide the links. so if you want to DL them you will have to click the thanks button but you can also say thanks to give the thread a bump ;)

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks

the thanks will be used to hide the links. so if you want to DL them you will have to click the thanks button but you can also say thanks to give the thread a bump ;)

Ah, alright. I've seen this same system used on several forums I've been on throughout the years.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

bliger7gz

bliger7gz

Zoid Pilot

• Inactive Member
  • Pip
  • 199 posts
  • 0 thanks

Ohh, I also seen this in other places and its a nice idea, I like it. Also I will be "posting" a thanks as well ;).

Below was a misunderstanding on my part, disregard.

{Just a heads up, there might be an error in using it since I can see links without clicking on the button, all the links appear on a green box that says "hidden content" it does not allow to "click" but copy/paste is possible.}

*I was looking at a post that I already had clicked "thanks" to and I thought I had not
Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks

Just a heads up, there might be an error in using it since I can see links without clicking on the button, all the links appear on a green box that says "hidden content" it does not allow to "click" but copy/paste is possible. .

From what I understand you don't need to click the button if you have commented in the thread (though it's nice if you do anyways). It's setup a little differently than I've seen.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Heyas, folks.

I've amended the Anime Download section rules to explain the 'thanks' system. :)

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
if you have posted in the thread you should also have access to the hidden content. and as before all the links are still coded so clicking the links will not work.

bliger7gz

bliger7gz

Zoid Pilot

• Inactive Member
  • Pip
  • 199 posts
  • 0 thanks

if you have posted in the thread you should also have access to the hidden content. and as before all the links are still coded so clicking the links will not work.

Wait you're right, I was looking at a post that I already had clicked "thanks" to ( your post Cman, Last Exile) and I thought I had not, sorry, it is working, tried with a new post and I can't see the links unless I thank or comment, silly me :P.
Posted Image

shuurin

shuurin

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCaptured in world of anime!
Is it limited per day? If not, should it be? If I remember correctly, Cman once expressed his thoughts about a system involving a limited number of "Thanks" you can give per day.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
well that system wasnt limited per day but limited to where you need to make posts to earn points to spend on unlocking links. but that was just a thought and i doubt will be implemented.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 06:43 AM
I think you should be able to thank people for other things, like if someone helps you find a request.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users