Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OneandonlySunny the spammer

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

SunnY

SunnY

Mangaka

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 03:20 PM
  • LocationH3LL

Necroposting to literally welcome everyone is against all common sense, but it wasn't against the rules when he did it.
Also I think that Sunny is somewhat "retarded". So, let's forget it and ignore him - for now.

lets be friends :lol:

Posted Image

Kiseki-kun

Kiseki-kun

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:20 AM
regarding necro-posting, to what extent would one consider necroposting the action taking place?

for example, in the downloads section the majority of the topics have a requirement where you must post at least once in order to gain access to the original posts' contents (indeed a good system - i'm not saying take that down, i enjoy that). however, say i'm looking for a certain anime and it's all the way at the bottom -meaning to say it dates way back- if i post in that topic would i be considered a necro poster?

yes, the two matters between sunny and my description are completely different, but as this is a somewhat new forum and this being the first case of a spammer, it should be brought up (if any a time it would be appropriate, i suppose now) that the download section's format is very useful yet very fear-instilling for those wanting certain anime from topics from the past

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
  • Local time: 05:20 AM
saying thanks in the download section will not be considered necro posting. and that one post in order to see the download section "should be" your introduction post. but if you dont want to bump up a really old thread you could always just click the thanks button below the main post to see the links.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:20 AM
  • LocationUK
You don't have to post to be able to download from the download section you can always just press the "Thank You" button and refresh the page that will also let you download.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
he was referring the the fact that newcomers can not see the download section because they have 0 posts. you must have at least 1 post to see the section, which as i said should be used as your introduction. that is also the only place where post count matters so it isnt like spamming anywhere will get you anything.

Kiseki-kun

Kiseki-kun

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
oh, then that's my mistake in misunderstanding. whenever i went to a download topic and saw...

You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic.

i was always under the impression that replying to the topic actually meant replying to the topic and that the "thanks" button was a complementary thing, sort of like the "like" button on facebook or the "+1 rep" in other forums that i've seen.

but thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
huh, ya that needs to be a little more clear. i'll get pooba to change that statement to include the thanks button. because that isnt used in any other section except the download sections and is not intended to be some kind of rep function, just an easier way to see the download links.

thanks for letting me know about that because since im an admin i never see that message.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

Rurouni

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
^^^ I think the "Thank You" button should be made into a rep system, I press the button to thank the person (give them rep) for making the encode, not so i can see the download links. That's what posting thanks is for to see the download links.

Necroposting to literally welcome everyone is against all common sense, but it wasn't against the rules when he did it.
Also I think that Sunny is somewhat "retarded". So, let's forget it and ignore him - for now.

Well that's got to be one of the funnest posts, I have ever seen on this forum.

Also some sort of script needs to be put into the intro section so that threads are deleted after 10 days or something, so that we don't get retards wasting their time spamming the section.

Why the hell, OneandonlySunny would do that, is beyond me. He must be Totally-retarded, I feel sorry for his parents .

vOEHoGZ.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
a rep system was down voted on 2 different occasions which is why we do not have one and the button is only offered in the download section. but the number of times a person is thanked is showed below their post count.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

Rurouni

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks

a rep system was down voted on 2 different occasions which is why we do not have one and the button is only offered in the download section. but the number of times a person is thanked is showed below their post count.

Why are people against a rep system? I did not get to vote :(

vOEHoGZ.jpg

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 10:20 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand
Oops, he did it again...

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I sent a PM to SunnY and took some preliminary disciplinary actions.

Hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Posted Image

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:20 AM
Yeah I already sent him a message last time..... -_-

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
we gave you that warning because even though you might have used slightly different words you still should NOT spam dozens of threads at the same time. it would be a different story if you said that on the same day the thread was created but going through days and even weeks later is just spamming.

i also am giving you another warning for excessive use of profanity in an aggressive manner against another forum member.

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks

i also am giving you another warning for excessive use of profanity in an aggressive manner against another forum member.

Obviously I missed something. That seems like a reason for a permanent ban. :banned:

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
no just another warning.

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:20 AM
Honestly, I would say he should be banned for saying all of those horrible things as well. Why do you think it's cool to just lash out at someone for one comment? Rude.

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationU.S.A
cman and stab is too nice lol,people are lucky i dont get involve with the things that happen on the forum.i dont give warnings i just ban.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,197 posts
  • 71 thanks
Yeah Cman is being way too nice. Not a single community I go to besides this one would have let another member cuss out another member and get nothing but a warning that means nothing. How many warnings does he have now? If I recall correctly I know of at least 3-4... even then that many warnings typically constitutes a ban. But it's Cmans forum, so it's his decision.. I just hope this isn't a sign of future management problems if this site ever ended up with 3-5 people like Sunny. :/

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith´╗┐

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
this is his 3rd and last warning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users