Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OneandonlySunny the spammer

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 09:11 AM
This spammer has went and spammed every single introductory thread made. Perhaps it's time to start closing old threads or something to prevent crap like this. No point in someone going through and spamming every intro thread made ever. It's one thing to welcome new members who join, but to spam welcomes to members who joined 6 months before you did and who's topic has been inactive since this is completely retarded necro posting.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 04:11 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
Probably did it to boost his post count. I do agree with you though. Locking older threads is a decent idea, even though I haven't been here that long myself.

CTalon

CTalon

Shadowthrone Companion

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:11 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Have noticed this happening (almost 3 pages of 'View New Content' just today :( )

Probably did it to boost his post count.

- JohnFlower

It seems like that it's something along those lines.
But, maybe it's just me, but who cares about a post count? does it mean anything?
Thought someone would have pulled it up before now, and a thread got created over it.

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:11 AM
lol, I didn't even look at when the original post was made, I just thought that we had got a whole lot of new members recently :sweat:

Posted Image

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 05:11 PM
  • LocationEurope

But, maybe it's just me, but who cares about a post count? does it mean anything?

Sadly, to a lot of people it does :(
Many are not only caring about their post count, but any form of achievement and reputation (like trophies, treats, thanks, thumbs-up, ect.)
Trying to get and keep a good-looking profile is ok, but - excuse the pun - acting like this guy rather makes one look like the OneandonlyDummy to me.

PS: who cares about avatars, CTalon? :P

CTalon

CTalon

Shadowthrone Companion

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:11 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Thanks for clearing that up for me eccon, it appears that I'm still naive to some extent on forum behaviour and edicate =]

P.S. eccon, heard of the man with no name, now you've met the man with no avatar :D
(difficult deciding what I'm going to use :construction:....actually procrastinating)

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks
Well I don't know if one of the other Admin's have looked into this but I sent him a message asking him to stop so we'll see what happens I suppose. Maybe I should edit the forum rules since it is not explicitly stating in there that necro posting is frowned upon lol.

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • Local time: 11:11 AM
  • LocationU.S.A
nope,just worked a 63hour week and havent even been to the forum all week lol.maybe we should add a mod to look over these sections

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks
I don't think that's a bad idea....it seems like most of our mods aren't around much anymore anyways.

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
lol, poor mods get bored from the lack of work and get distracted easily....

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 992 thanks
  • Local time: 08:11 AM
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia
Or in Jose's case, Immigration came knocking on his door. He had to either flee or face deportation.

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationEurope

Or in Jose's case, Immigration came knocking on his door. He had to either flee or face deportation.

That's why he has never posted a real picture of himself :D

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:11 PM
  • LocationAustralia

That's why he has never posted a real picture of himself :D

Indeed! ROFL we all wonder what he looks like.

Spoiler

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
him interesting point Forge, but ... I never notice the spaming I like ruprecht thought we got a lot of new members

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

SunnY

SunnY

Mangaka

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 09:11 PM
  • LocationH3LL

him interesting point Forge, but ... I never notice the spaming I like ruprecht thought we got a lot of new members

lol, I didn't even look at when the original post was made, I just thought that we had got a whole lot of new members recently :sweat:

lol , u two get fooled :jose:

Posted Image

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationEurope

lol , u two get fooled :jose:

And you don't get the point of this thread, do you :serious:

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:11 PM
  • LocationUK
I thought the same as LB and ruprecht29. Didn't even give it a second thought.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
Sunny you have the same name of my cat so when ever I see you I see a tiny fat orange tabby

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Anime277

Anime277

Anime Lover

• Inactive Member
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationToronto
His spams should all be removed imo.

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationEurope

His spams should all be removed imo.

Necroposting to literally welcome everyone is against all common sense, but it wasn't against the rules when he did it.
Also I think that Sunny is somewhat "retarded". So, let's forget it and ignore him - for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users